Developing feelings for a fwb?

I have recently gotten out of a long term relationship that was on the outs in many ways for years before it actually ended. Once I became single, a friend I have had an attraction to (both mentally and physically) began talking to me more. We have the same exact sense of humor, and get along great. We decided to make plans to get drinks one on one. He told me he was taking care of the bill for the night and I told him I didn't realize it was an actual date, to which he told me he thought that it was. The night went great and I decided to go back to his place, with no force on his end. We ended up having sex, and he cuddled with me legitimately the entire night, holding my hands, pulling me as close as possible anytime I repositioned myself in my sleep. He asked to get breakfast the following morning but I had other plans already. We text back and forth every day, and a few days later I decide to go to his house for the night again. He meets me at the door, takes my bag to carry for me, we hangout in bed and watch tv. Same thing as before with the sex and super intimate cuddling all night. Walks me to my car on our way out in the morning, hugs and kisses me and mentions seeing me later in the week. This guy was an actual friend of mine before we took things to this level, and seeing him in this new way is making me feel different things for him. I text to ask if what we are doing is a friends with benefits thing, and he says yes, if thats okay with me, but if its not then he wants to be friends regardless because he actually likes me. I know I need to take what he says at face value. If he wanted more he would say that, but his actions and how he treats me paint a different picture. I don't expect this to turn into a relationship, nor do I want to push for that, but there is not one thing I dont like about this man. Am I wrong for being confused about his actions vs him just wanting fwb? Or am I thinking too far into this? looking for an outside opinion! thanks everyone!!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He wants to keep having sex with you but he also wants a relationship he thinks you want to be just friends with benefits so he does whatever he can to keep you as close as possible

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop overthinking

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Just see what happens and don't focus too much on labels. Is he seeing anyone else?

1|0
    0|0
    • Not that I know of, but we haven't had that direct conversation. I'm not necessarily focusing on labels as I am not ready to start a new relationship yet. (two months single from a 6.5 yr relationship). Just want to make sure I am treating this situation realistically.

• Without knowing more it seems like you are to me, just see how it pans out :)

Recommended myTakes