Boyfriend won't stop talking about good things his ex did?

Ok, I have been a lurker here for a while but decided to make an account. Ugh... sucks my first question is like this. Seriously though.

Girls. Ever had to deal with this? What did you do?

Guys. Why would a guy do that?
Thank you 😊 I actually did and he said the he's going to stop. So we'll see I guess
Thank you everyone for being so helpful. I followed a lot of your advice and I think it helped. He said he is going to stop. You're all great!

618

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants to make himself comfortable in a relationship in order to know what to expect from you. So for example, if he talked about how his girlfriend used to give him orange juice when he wakes up he is trying to give you a hint that he wants the same. Probably a bit of a dick move because that means that he never really forgot his previous relationship. I advice to watch out for that because if you do too much he might start using that as an excuse to do what he wants with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• it doesn't sound like he's fully over her. When did you two get together? when did he and she break up?

• We got together about 3 months ago and they broke up about a year ago

• Occasionally yes. He's mostly really sweet.

• Just the fact that he mentions his ex at all gives me concerns that he’s not fully over her. I would ask him him point blank why he does this. Not argumentatively but just matter of fact. Maybe he doesn’t recognize this fault. and if he’s mostly sweet as you say, he may have an explainstion that puts you at ease.