Older guy dating younger girl?

So, I'm in my mid-30s. I met a girl that's 18.

She wants a family, and is apparently not keen on guys her age. According to her, "too many of them play games and just want sex."

Don't get me wrong, sex if good. But I want a relationship. According to her, guys her age don't want that. It just seems like we have something in common: more than just sex.

I feel lovey-dovey. Should I not?

I think she's really neat, and would be a great mom. She says she is really thrilled about being a mom.

But, I don't like feeling like a dirty old man, either.

Is it too wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She is really young and should probably experience life a little more before she starts popping out babies and starting a family. That is a pretty big age gap and there is a lot to consider. Is she going to college? Planning on it? Is she going to work or does she expect you to support her? If you feel like a dirty old man then you're probably right about it though... otherwise you wouldn't think it.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm with you. It is a lot to consider.

I'm crossed. She lights up around little kids. I think she would be a great mom.

But it is an age gap. I'm really mixed because of that.

• Show All
    • I don't want her to feel forced or feel bad about anything

• If I was in your situation I wouldn't be comfortable with it. I hire people her age and yes some are more mature than others but they still lack real world skills and experience, I've also never been attracted to any of them though. It's extremely risky.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have good intentions? Can you support a family? Does she want a career? Can you afford sufficient life insurance? Is your career secure?

1|1
    0|0
    • My intention?

I would like a family. At least one of my own would be ideal

• Show All
    • I want to step up for a family. I really do.

I think she wants the same. But given the age gap, I'm mixed.

• If she really feels it, and you can provide it , and are willing to commit to it, it will work.
      You could take a couple of years to see how well you and she jell, and then get the kids going. She'll be at the height of her fertility, and if you're making good money, then everyone can be happy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• She is consenting adult but sometimes they are too young at that age for babies and husband's... I see it on reality shows.

0|0
    0|0
  • She get bored of you easily

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• I mostly date younger women, the average age is 23 (the median is about 21). My current girlfriend is 21.

There is no issue of the two of you dating. The issue I see is that she is ready to get married and have kids. If you do that, you will be divorced and paying child support in 5 years.

Date her. Have sex with her. But don't have kids with her until she is 25.

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope. You're old enough to be her dad, even if it's not intentional there are some messed up power Dynamics at play here. Also, when you were 25 did you look back at your 18 year old self and tbink "yeah that kid had it figured out and was clear-headed? " Hell no. Leave her be.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's too much of a gap in my opinion. Think about how much you've changed from when you were 18, the same thing is going to happen to her. You're practically twice her age.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, she seems pretty mature for her age. If you click, then go for it. Dirty old man would be my age and a 16 year old.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those relationships never last a long time. Why should yours be any different?

0|0
    0|0
  • Jail bait.

0|1
    0|0
  • O O F

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I say pursue it. She might be the one.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes