How do I ask the guy with whom I hooked up this weekend out?

so, this weekend i had sex with this guy. we're from the same class in college but never had much contact with each other, turns out we met at a party and ended up coming to my place together. we had great sex and i would like to see him again, but i'm a bit embarrassed about asking him out. how do you think i should do it?
(we texted a bit the day after and he said "thanks for the night :)" with a cute emoji but that was pretty much it. he left his underwear at my place by the way so i should probably return it anyway, maybe i could use that as an excuse? or maybe i shouldn't do this at all?)

21