What age is it okay to become sexually active?

My boyfriend wanted to sleep with me but I told him I've never done that before and he looked at me like I was nuts and asked if I've ever been in bed with a man. I told him that I have but not willingly ( my dad did things to me up until last year)
So what age is it okay to become sexually active?

411

Most Helpful Guys

• 16 is the age of consent so as long as you are over that I would say whenever you feel as though you are mature enough and ready. Also what do you mean by your dad did things to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no perfect age. I think it's about time. For those who have certain faiths it may be marriag, for others its opportunity. Either way you should be ready emotionally.