What age is it okay to become sexually active?

My boyfriend wanted to sleep with me but I told him I've never done that before and he looked at me like I was nuts and asked if I've ever been in bed with a man. I told him that I have but not willingly ( my dad did things to me up until last year)
So what age is it okay to become sexually active?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• 16 is the age of consent so as long as you are over that I would say whenever you feel as though you are mature enough and ready. Also what do you mean by your dad did things to you?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no perfect age. I think it's about time. For those who have certain faiths it may be marriag, for others its opportunity. Either way you should be ready emotionally.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Most importanly is that you, not a boyfriend or peer group. says you are: Trust yourself. Its 1 of biggest jumps you'll make. Is your parter kind, caring or pushy. Will he know that you are even more capable of enjoying the pleasures than he. Do not do it because of pressure, threats, peer group opinion. .

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't feel ready, don't let that creep push you into it. I would say 18 and be on "The Pill" *and* have him wear condoms.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with you 16 a bit young - I would have a bare minimum of 17 but would prefer 18 or older

0|0
    0|0
  • When you are ready. Don't worry if that's when you're 17 or 27, only do things on your terms.

0|0
    0|0
  • No under 15yo in my mind. It's completely normal to be a 16yo virgin. I'm soon 18yo and I'm as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it. If you don't want to do it. It is your body so you decide.

0|0
    0|0
  • At the age of 15 or 16.. It's okay to be sexually active..

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve anonymised myself for obvious reasons. I started puberty at 9yo and I lost my virginity at 11yo. I was drunk at a wedding (adults gave me beer) and I went off with one of the bridesmaids. I didn’t have sex again until I was 17. I feel like I’ve been robbed of a loving first time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Talking from experience, I think you need to speak to someone about what happened to you. I waited 22 years. Far too long.

What Girls Said 3

• I think when the person hits puberty around 13 should they be able to be consentally sexually active

0|0
    0|0
  • If you doubt him the slightest or he is being unkind, ofc don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I became active at 22.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes