How do I tell him I’m poor?

I recently started talking to a guy. We’ve been on several dates and I’ve even spent the night at his place. We get along well and says I’m his type and he’s very happy with me. He’s even asking to make it official after about a month but I keep pushing it off. I worry that if I make it official things will not workout. He’s in his 20s, financially stable, ready to settle down and his family is well off. I am not financially stable yet but I’m independent. My family is poor and we live in a bad area of town. I’m not sure how to bring it up or to even say anything and just break it off. How would I mention it or bring it up? Is it even worth it to and just move on?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it's worth it, don't be silly. He's not going to dump you because of this. And... he probably has an idea already, but just tell him. Say something like "I really like you, but one thing that's bothering me is that I'm not as well off as you". Trust me, this isn't likely a problem for him at all. It'll bother you more than him likely.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Money doesn’t define you. Your parents money doesn’t define you. I’m sure this guy would be nice enough to still want you even though you aren’t well off because if he didn’t then he’s an ass and you’re better off without hime. Still I’m sure he wouldn’t be like that. Good luck though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• He can already tell you're poor. It's why he likes you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be open and honest with him if he is worth keeping around he will understand if not then he isn't worth it

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants to give you a better life and he knows more about you than you think

0|0
    1|0
  • If you love each other, you will work it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him, men dont care if women are poor

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter nearly as much to guys as it does to girls

1|0
    0|0
  • guys don't care if you are poor
    we just care if you are hot lol

we are not like women

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Forget it. Don't mention it. You Know that you Don't have a lot of Money, honey, But he sees You are Rich in Personality. That is all that COUNTS. xx

1|0
    0|0
    • I am sure he and his own family may have "Checked you out."xx

• It’ll come up probably when he asks what your parents do and stuff like that. Just don’t worry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Giiiiirl. If this man really likes you he wouldn’t care about where you lived.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are so insecure. Nothing wrong with that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes