How do I tell him I’m poor?

I recently started talking to a guy. We’ve been on several dates and I’ve even spent the night at his place. We get along well and says I’m his type and he’s very happy with me. He’s even asking to make it official after about a month but I keep pushing it off. I worry that if I make it official things will not workout. He’s in his 20s, financially stable, ready to settle down and his family is well off. I am not financially stable yet but I’m independent. My family is poor and we live in a bad area of town. I’m not sure how to bring it up or to even say anything and just break it off. How would I mention it or bring it up? Is it even worth it to and just move on?

58

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it's worth it, don't be silly. He's not going to dump you because of this. And... he probably has an idea already, but just tell him. Say something like "I really like you, but one thing that's bothering me is that I'm not as well off as you". Trust me, this isn't likely a problem for him at all. It'll bother you more than him likely.

Most Helpful Girl

• Money doesn’t define you. Your parents money doesn’t define you. I’m sure this guy would be nice enough to still want you even though you aren’t well off because if he didn’t then he’s an ass and you’re better off without hime. Still I’m sure he wouldn’t be like that. Good luck though.