Is wanting time/space reasonable in this situation?

The guy I’ve been seeing for the last year just moved across the country to my area for a job. So we now live about 15 mins away from each other. We agreed to take it slow so he could adjust to a new life and a new career. However, the last month has been a lot of fighting and it’s mostly over me not feeling very wanted or desired by him and him feeling pressured by me. We just had a big talk about how I feel, and how he feels. We decided
To see each other Friday and try to just have fun. My question is: is it reasonable for him to want space and time to figure his life out here before truly committing to me or is that just an excuse?

Also, do you think if I back off and alleviate the pressure that I’ll salvage things?

85

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no right or wrong here. You feeling missing the feeling of being desired from him is justified and okay. And him needing some time to get adjusted and have his mind sorted is justified and okay too.
    There is no problem here and none of you are doing anything wrong, just 2 people with different mindsets clashing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Give him space and allow him to miss you. You probably feel unwanted because when he isn’t contacting you than you’ll believe he is entertaining someone else. He’s investing in you because obviously he’s interested but if he draws back give him that space and let him gravitate towards you on his own time.

It’s good that you guys had a talk about your feelings which means he’s open minded and willing to acknowledge your feelings. Take it easy on yourself and take it slow everything will work out on its own time.