Is it arrogant or confident for a man to say he is in the top percent of daters?

The U. S. Department of Education predicts that by 2026, there will be 2.7 million fewer men than women enrolled in higher education programs. Click on the hyperlink to see the evidence.

I already have a Bachelor's degree in business and men in higher education are becoming scarce. I am 5'10 and muscular. I am in no debt and I have a moderately high paying job. I am not rich, but I am definitely well off.

Statistically speaking, most men don't go to college and even less men are enrolling in college than ever before. For the men that do go to college, they have a vast amount of student loan debt. I don't have any amount of student loan debt. Most men don't work out and have dad bods. As a result, I feel like I have earned the right to say that I am above average.

Do I sound confident or arrogant?
  • Confident
    Vote A
  • Arrogant
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I am asking this question because I believe I am confident on the inside. However, it could be my ego that is making me think that. That is why I wanted to hear outside perspectives.
What is the definition of confidence then?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how you go about it. If you drop all of that on a woman within 5 mins of meeting her, arrogant. Over a first date if it gets discussed casually during dinner or something, confident. It's all about how you present it. Obviously those are things to be proud of and they set you apart, but they're not what makes you a person. I would casually touch on those things like once. The girl won't forget it. Then focus on finding common interests between you and her.

0|1
    0|0
    • I really do appreciate that advice. Everyone one else was criticizing me and not telling me what I can do different. I will legitimately do this now.

• Show All
    • Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Guy

• Arrogance is boasting with why you have reason to be confident. Confidence is showing you're happy with who you are even if you don't have any reason to be confident.
    If you start rationalising why you're better than others (especially if you tell people "I'd make a suitable mate (to you)"), people will view you as arrogant.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It's good that you know it for yourself but don't show off in front of other people or don't ever try to seduce a woman with your statistics. Ever. However, always know your value.

0|0
    0|0
  • Saying you're in the top percent of daters to me sounds like you're a fuckboy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Even if I can statistically prove it?

• Show All
    • What is your recommendation then? Ally, told me to introduce my qualifications piece by piece at a time. What are your thoughts on what I should do?

• Oh I don't know, I just think calling yourself in the top percent of daters brings me straight to "fuckboi"

• Well, it seems to me that your ego is definitely through the roof lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess that is why I am doing this. I genuinely believe I am confident. However, that could be my ego talking. I wonder what other people think.

• Comparing yourself to others, especially thinking that you're way better than them is definitely a sign of arrogance.

What Guys Said 7

• This is one of those things where if you have to say it, it isn't true. I think some modesty and humility is a good thing.

Incidentally, there are quite a few guys out there in the skilled trades or other occupations that are earning good money without needing a college degree.

Finally, there is usually more to being attractive to women than making a pretty good salary and not having a dad bod.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're confident on the inside, keep it inside.

A confident man wouldn't need to sell himself at all to women. They are naturally drawn to him. If you know where you stand in terms of male value, then the quality or amount of women you date/attract will reflect that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't do polls
    You're confident. Just don't get cocky about it - you still have a long way to go to be considered successful. Make your first million, then you can be cocky. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • I still have a long way to go before I reach 1 million.

• Oh, and my youngest, got his masters in comp-sci in four years and got recruited by a tech-giant in silly-cone valley making bank. At 22. And he doesn't spew all the BS you are here. Just sayin'.

• If she asks about it fine, if you volunteer it, your arrogant.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just because someone goes to college, she doesn't become valuable.

Too many people, especially women, graduate with useless degrees that only makes them competitive to be hired for serving coffee.

Having a degree in business also doesn't make one valuable by itself. Add Wharton or Sloan to that, and the value skyrockets. I personally know people with degrees in business working customer service at a call center making $15/hr, and knew a lady with an MBA from Princeton who was making tens of millions per year.

You also have a flaw in that you assume women are looking for husbands or for men out of their league.

What really happens is assortative mating. You are in a particular pool of datable men, and other men are in other pools. Likewise, women are in pools. Like pools match up, and there is little dating up or down.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he were, he would have no need to boast about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I disagree with that mentality. I believe you have to market yourself to people in order for them to know who you are. You seem to think that confidence is more implied. I think confidence is more extroverted. My mentality is similar to Trump's. You have to tell people directly.

• Show All
    • Well, there is always going to be an alternative opinion. Thank you for your input.

• You're very welcome.

• l dont do that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes