Is it arrogant or confident for a man to say he is in the top percent of daters?

The U. S. Department of Education predicts that by 2026, there will be 2.7 million fewer men than women enrolled in higher education programs. Click on the hyperlink to see the evidence.

I already have a Bachelor's degree in business and men in higher education are becoming scarce. I am 5'10 and muscular. I am in no debt and I have a moderately high paying job. I am not rich, but I am definitely well off.

Statistically speaking, most men don't go to college and even less men are enrolling in college than ever before. For the men that do go to college, they have a vast amount of student loan debt. I don't have any amount of student loan debt. Most men don't work out and have dad bods. As a result, I feel like I have earned the right to say that I am above average.

Do I sound confident or arrogant?
  • Confident
  • Arrogant
I am asking this question because I believe I am confident on the inside. However, it could be my ego that is making me think that. That is why I wanted to hear outside perspectives.
What is the definition of confidence then?

48

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how you go about it. If you drop all of that on a woman within 5 mins of meeting her, arrogant. Over a first date if it gets discussed casually during dinner or something, confident. It's all about how you present it. Obviously those are things to be proud of and they set you apart, but they're not what makes you a person. I would casually touch on those things like once. The girl won't forget it. Then focus on finding common interests between you and her.

• I really do appreciate that advice. Everyone one else was criticizing me and not telling me what I can do different. I will legitimately do this now.

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Guy

• Arrogance is boasting with why you have reason to be confident. Confidence is showing you're happy with who you are even if you don't have any reason to be confident.
    If you start rationalising why you're better than others (especially if you tell people "I'd make a suitable mate (to you)"), people will view you as arrogant.