How do I handle my relationship anxiety?

my boyfriend and I had gone through a major bump at the beginning of our relationship that involved him lying and making me feel insecure about our relationship.

All was forgiven and long story short, I’ve learned to trust him over time but at times he’d say something that made me feel like he’s changing his mind on something and I begin to feel unsure again.

Its gotten so so bad that I woke up feeling nervous and my chest was heavy. I want to get away for a little

I love my boyfriend so much and I feel like he’s worth a fight but this feeling has gotten to me so much and I feel it’s easier to be single at times. But I don’t want to break up.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As my mother used to say. "put up or piss off. You know where the door is."

0|0
    0|0
    • Can you go into detail with that?

• Show All
    • I always tell my partner to tell me about his anxieties 🙁 I just happen to have more than he does. Thanks for being a douche

I say that because you were kind of an ass about it what you had to say

• I doubt you have more than he does. He probably just doesn't offload them all onto you, maybe he's just kinder like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it some time because no relationship is perfect. I have anxiety and being in a relationship or dating someone will trigger me more. I can relate to the heaviness you will when waking up in the middle of your sleep. Listen to your gut instincts because a fly nor a ghost woke you up it’s your inner intuition tell you something. If you have to question someone’s loyalty keep your eyes pierced and be ready to leave when it comes to that.

Lying is a no no and you have every reason to feel insecure because someone you trust almost put your relationship on the line. Think with your mind and not with your heart and you’ll figure out what’s best for you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 8

• I totally understand where you're coming from because I've had feelings of insecurity from time to time because of things that happened in the past with my boyfriend. I think it's important to at least try talking to him about, if you haven't already. If he's a good guy he will try to be understanding about it and reassure you if you need it. If he doesn't and thinks it's your problem to deal with on your own, then maybe you are better off single. Obviously you have already talked about it if you say that you've forgiven him, but I don't think it would be a bad idea to tell him that you still feel insecure about it sometimes. Something that could also help is just spending more time on yourself doing things you love and that make you feel good. Whatever it may be, if you're feeling insecure and anxious, these things can help take your mind off of what you're feeling. I always try to work out or paint when I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and start that overthinking process. Hopefully there is something similar that you could try.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have found this article to really help with my anxieties and depression lately. I keep open in a tab on my phone so I can read it every day. I feel more at peace. www.bakadesuyo.com/2015/09/make-you-happy-2/

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't trust him.
    You can't trust him.. do u think he deserves your trust?
    You fear that he will lie again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have gone through the exact same thing. Im now in a relationship with someone else where i dont have any anxiety and he’s never once made me lose trust in him and i know for a fact that he would never hurt me. A guy who lies to you doesn't respect you. I was completely in love with my ex and we had many bumps in the road and there was a lot of distrust and forgiveness but in the end he let me down and decided i wasn't what he wanted anymore. My biggest regret is not being the one to break up because then i would feel better about the situation. You deserve better and in the future you’ll probably look back and wish you dumped him sooner

1|0
    0|0
  • I am quite a over thinker and at times I doubt my boyfriend to but I also remember that his is so proud to show me off to his family so I tend to take care of the small but most memorable moments that we have shared so the times when it’s just us and he puts his arm around me when he knows he doesn’t have to it’s small moments like that help you realise that he loves you boys can be just as nervous as you at times even if you just talk to him about it but if you still those types of moments or anything where it’s unnecessary but he stills does because he loves you it just means it’s in your head

1|0
    0|0
  • just talk to him about it..

1|0
    0|0
  • Breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in a relationship like that once, I used to feel the exact same things, tried for a while but ended up breaking up with him even tho I was sooo in love. Best decision I ever made

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes