In the world of dating, do you think prostitution should be legal in all 50 states of USA?

If you don't think it should be legal... leave a comment below as to why.
  • YES
  • NO

1048

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t see what dating has to do with prostitution.
    And I don’t support the legalization of prostitution. Rent-A-Pussy just sounds like happy slavery to me.
    I’m not going to go out of my way to stop it but I am against it.

• "Rent-A-Pussy."

I laughed so, so hard. Well done.

• It’s cool if you don’t see it as slavery.
      It’s probably going to be legal everywhere anyways.
      You have fun in Amsterdam

• @Ellie-V you're right! My bad!

• women are not objects to be paid for and used. they aren’t going to be lining up for this position because this isn’t fucking pretty woman and richard gere isn’t going to sweep you off ur feet after paying to fuck you. If prostitution becomes legal then the demand will rise and more than likely, human trafficking will go up. and more often than not, it wasn’t some glamorous choice, but an exploitation or desperation to remove oneself out of poverty. don’t fool yourselves into thinking you’d be doing women any favors by making it legal. just looking for more ways to objectify and use them without it being considered a crime.

• Have you ever been to Amsterdam? There are women who are disease free, from all over the world, all shapes and sizes. The trafficking is coming from Korea and China, mainly to the sleazy massage parlors.

• Men can also be prostitutes...

• Yes they are.

Most Helpful Guys

• Of course it should. What has it got to do with dating?

First and foremost, laws against prostitution are as ignorant as it gets. People should be allowed to do whatever they want with their bodies as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, and it doesn't hinder anyone else's rights. Especially in a world in which capitalism reigns supreme. Legalize it, and tax them!
    Furthermore, states and countries with legalized prostitution present much lower rates of sexual violence and crime (not just in the industry), lower rates of STD & STI transmission, greater average income and health benefits for workers, lower divorce rates, and greater tax revenues.
    There are no good reasons for keeping prostitution illegal. Whatever reasons remain are centered around ignoring people's inherent autonomy in favor of antiquated notions of puritanism. Some may even be opposed in order to deliberately gain legal and political leverage.

• It has everything to do with dating because there would be a lot of MEN who just drop out of the dating game all together. Less marriages, less kids, less relationships, etc.. this would cause a shift in the way dating is perceived and valued.

• Empirical evidence? of what? Countries the size of Texas who have legalized prostitution? We are talking about all 50 states of the USA. We don't know.. I stated MY opinion of what I think could happen. Thank you for your comment but agree to disagree. Skyline Chilli is a big hit in Cincinnati Ohio.. it doesn't mean that's empirical evidence that it would be liked everywhere.

• I like your view on this, +1 from me

• Why should it be made legal. As the one who is suggesting that we change the way something is currently done, it is incumbent on you to provide a justification for the change.

• I am not suggesting it should be changed. I just merely asked everyone's opinion. Just because something is the way it is doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed nor given justification why it should. There was no justification of why marijuana was legalized.. everyone just agreed in Colorado that is should be legal. Right?

• If I ask it, I'll get no responses

• @OldDad Same here.. unless it's under DATING.