Why did he express interest in dating me and then disappear?

After about 6 weeks he finally reached out to me, but only because he was horny. I told him I was not interested in guys who see me as friends with benefits with no potential for anything else. Since then we haven’t talked and I don’t feel bad about it anymore.

1234

Most Helpful Guys

• Because he's window shopping. He's looking to see what's available. He strings a few girls on the line at one time so we always have something to fall back on. You are worth more than that. Guys like that are not worth a second thought.

• You know, that makes the most sense. Thanks for saying I'm worth more than that, I think I needed to hear that. Thank you.

• Maybe because you didn't reacted enough and he thought there's no way for him to date you, so he left.

Most Helpful Girls

• He likely says that to every girl who says yes, and then picks from the litter.

• Haha probably

• Exactly. It's similar to propositioning any kind of solicitation. Like when "seekers" (men), look for jobs, they usually don't just propose one job and wait for months for their reply. The size of the net they cast is usually big. And often, a better job opportunity is reciprocated back which of course leads to the guy picking his preference. It's not like guys usually wait around for one girl. But women seem to be shocked at this.

• Because he was never interested in actually dating you. He just wanted to stroke his ego and feel validated by being able to gain your attention. Guys like that suck.

• Hey, while that is true, do you even have an idea how many girls do that too?

• @SngBirdy

I don't understand why so many people go from 0-60 anger from nothing online. I don't recall ever experiencing that in person. No it's not "painfully obvious" to me how my thought "misses the point of this discussion by miles." No I don't think my comment was exactly relatable. No metaphor is.

• @cavmanier Dont confuse "angry" comments with actually being angry. Im not angry at you or anything.
      The internet just sounds very mean and angry a lot of times, because here you can say what you think. I was dead honest to you, which was very mean at first sight. But i feel comfortable saying stuff like that because im talking to an internet stranger.

It is painfully obvious. Yes obviously, there are potentially as many "options" for every girl as there are men in the world. But you know exactly how many men fawn over average girls and ask them out, and how that looks the other way round. Most men are never approached by girls, and if it happens, the last thing he is going to do, is ditching that girl