Guys: how do you start a conversation with a girl you matched with on a dating app?

I alwqys start off with a normal greeting, like hi/hello, but my conversations rarely last more than a day and lots do not even get responses.
Also, how can you create an ok profile of pictures when all your recent pics are only of your head? My body shots pics in my profile are like 3-5 years old now, yet I do not have a recent body pic. I am absolutely horrible at selfies and I do not see my friends enough to get them to take a picture of me.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• How do you feel about the whether these days? Did you hear about that circus that is coming to town? Do you prefer the south east mall or the Asian mall? Would you rather drink coffee or tea? Do you like this dog? What colour do you think I should wear for sister's wedding this week? How do you feel about the objectification in movies these days? Do you ever go to a foreign social event for the cultural experience? Where would you like to vacation? Do you prefer checkers or chess?

Most Helpful Guy

• Make an observation (in this case on her profile, be it one of her pictures or something she wrote). Share a quick thought on your observation in order to give her an indication of who you are. Then ask her a question (an open-ended one) that gives her the opportunity to show you who she is.

This can all be done in a few sentences.

• I have tried that on a few girls, but the conversations rarely last more than a day, ans tjose are out of the rare ones that even respond to me.

• Not necessarily. I hold quickie conversations often when I'm out and about. I don't always want to keep a conversation going. To me, getting your foot in the door (the conversation starter) isn't the same. I could start off a conversation IRL with simply asking a woman where the nearest coffee shop is. Obviously that conversation won't last for more than 30 seconds. In any case...

No, the timer setting doesn't have to look like a selfie. I meant to say don't have more than one picture that looks like a selfie. I would recommend including a picture that appears candid (don't look directly into the camera in all your pictures), one doing something outdoorsy, and one doing something you really enjoy. You probably have a lot going for you, so you just need to illustrate that with some awesome pics!

• Ya IRL conversations I can understand having quick conversations, but I specified dating apps so the assumption would be you would want the conversation to last a while.

I like how your picture suggestions, I do not have any pics like that that are not many years old. I seriously do not take pics of myself and noone really ever takes pics of me.