How angry would you get if your boyfriend didn’t give you money if you asked him?

I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months and i have supported her financially ever since. Today we get into a fight because she needs $600 and I can’t give that to her. She makes me seem like a bad person when i say no. Would you get that mad if your boyfriend said no to you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Whoah!
    Hold on.
    She has been your girlfriend for 5 months?

What do you mean you financially support her?
    Does she work?
    Do you give her money all the time?
    Does she pay you back?

0|0
    0|0
    • She’s in school and no she hasn’t given me any money

• Show All
    • Well, I hope you know that you don't owe her any money!

She is going to school and that's great but she is an adult... You are not her parent or her husband.

Maybe if a SO was in a tough place playing a bill on time you can lend money and then when they offer to pay you back it's up to you if you accept or refuse.

You sound like a really sweet guy!
      I certainly am not trying to bash your girlfriend in any way ( I don't know her)

But I personally feel bothered that she does not any attempt to pay you back.
      Or that you feel obligated to give her money. $600 is a lot of money to be giving away.
      $600 is a lot of money to be demanding.

I said demanding because she tried to make you feel guilty when you did not give it to her.

• You clearly have a good heart.
      Try not to feel guilted into anything..
      Yoy may want to rethink your dynamic with your girlfriend.

• Depends on why and if I know he has money to spare. If I need money or I can’t afford to eat and he had loads then maybe I’ll be upset but generally both of us are quite cool regarding lending and borrowing money

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't be mad. His money is his money. UNLESS it was for a mutual bill we BOTH SHARE. I would then be pissed.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn’t have asked for money, let alone $600. what the hell does she even want it for? even if it was for some justifiable expense, how entitled someone must be to be angry you didn’t give it to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I don’t know since I’ve never asked my boyfriend for money and I wouldn’t ask him to give me money. I have a job and I make my own money. Not to mention, he’s my boyfriend, not an ATM.. 🙄

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn’t but our relationship has never been based around money. Yours has

0|0
    0|0
  • If we have been togethwr long. I would be pissed. Because I would give right away.

0|0
    0|0
    • She makes it feel im obligated to give her money

• Show All
    • If she does not give you money when you ask (if you never asked, you should) then you can say no

• She has not once given me money

• I don't ask boyfriends for money usually.

0|0
    0|0
  • No definitely not

0|0
    0|0
  • You are so nice for doing that and knowing her such little time. Maybe that’s why she has this idea she can get your money when she wants?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes