How angry would you get if your boyfriend didn’t give you money if you asked him?

I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months and i have supported her financially ever since. Today we get into a fight because she needs $600 and I can’t give that to her. She makes me seem like a bad person when i say no. Would you get that mad if your boyfriend said no to you?

10

Most Helpful Girls

• Whoah!
    Hold on.
    She has been your girlfriend for 5 months?

What do you mean you financially support her?
    Does she work?
    Do you give her money all the time?
    Does she pay you back?

• She’s in school and no she hasn’t given me any money

• Well, I hope you know that you don't owe her any money!

She is going to school and that's great but she is an adult... You are not her parent or her husband.

Maybe if a SO was in a tough place playing a bill on time you can lend money and then when they offer to pay you back it's up to you if you accept or refuse.

You sound like a really sweet guy!
      I certainly am not trying to bash your girlfriend in any way ( I don't know her)

But I personally feel bothered that she does not any attempt to pay you back.
      Or that you feel obligated to give her money. $600 is a lot of money to be giving away.
      $600 is a lot of money to be demanding.

I said demanding because she tried to make you feel guilty when you did not give it to her.

• You clearly have a good heart.
      Try not to feel guilted into anything..
      Yoy may want to rethink your dynamic with your girlfriend.

• Depends on why and if I know he has money to spare. If I need money or I can’t afford to eat and he had loads then maybe I’ll be upset but generally both of us are quite cool regarding lending and borrowing money