Guys say they like sweet girls but never approach them in real life, why?

So I have two cousins Jenna and Anna who are 19 and 20 years old respectively. Jenna is the more outgoing one and is pretty chill. She has a lot of friends and is into sports. Physically speaking she is average looking (6/10 according to me) and her face looks a little masculine. Her body is athletic though because of all the sports she plays.
Anna on the other hand is pretty. All our family members too compliment her. Personality wise she's sweet but shy. Does not have many friends and is a little nerdy. She doesn't dress like a nerd though.

Jenna was popular in our school back then and had many guys chasing her. She had a couple of boyfriends before and all of them were better looking than her. Anna on the other hand has had none. I don't understand why. My guy friends also say they like sweet and cute girls but in reality otherwise happens, guys never approach such girls. Why is that? This is something I've always noticed. Popular, airheads and tomboys are the ones who usually get the game. Others are just left gawking?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Confidence is sexy - in men AND women.
    Things happen to those who put themselves out there, who take action and make things happen - rather than those who wait for things to happen to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they just want the wild ones?