Why do men get intimidated by successful women?

Here's the scoop. I've been actively searching for a man to incorporate into my life. However when they start asking me about my personal stuff and find out yes I do have a couple cars and a house (on my own) yada yada, they get almost intimidated. One man's quote was "I can't be with you because you'll make me look unsuccessful." And another was "Your to well off to be in my life." Take into consideration I don't gloat about what I have but if someone asks me "do you live at home" or "what kind of car do you drive?" It comes up in conversation. I just don't understand what's so off to a guy about being successful on your own. Help me out guys.

19

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm not intimidated by successful women, because I'm reasonably successful myself, and I have enough self esteem, that is the woman it more successful than me, then that's a good thing. Just as it would be good if I was more successful than her. It seems that guys who are put off by your success may be immature or have a poor self image. That can change with time, as they live life and find success in what they do, and mature.

• I beleive you are correct. I do sense a link between immaturity and simply crappy personalities and low self esteem (especially on here).

I can understand it. I'm sure someone whos is a stable point in their life will come along with the same mindset you have. I appreciate it.

• When you are a successful person, finding a mate becomes much harder, one thing you DO NOT want is someone who will bring down your status, hang out with people with equal status or better yet, higher status so that you may continue to grow and build healthy interpersonal relationships, most men get intimidated mainly because those who watch others prosper without taking a course of action are usually the ones trying to protect their pride as a male figure, In short, simply hang out with more personally secure people, that doesn't mean he has to make the same amount of income as you, it means to find a confident man who acknowledges his flaws without letting that bring him down, I won't lie to you, a man like that is HARD to find but focus on more positive people who don't care what others think, you'll find him and you'll be happy that you do. Hope this helped!

• It did help very much! I don't want someone in my life who can't handle me having money and material things and being a hard worker. But I also don't want a man that won't allow me to pay for my own things and buy dinner once in a while, it's like I need to find a steady man in the middle aha thank you for your advice!