Is it ok for a 22 year old to date an 18 year old?

Would the different ages have different maturity impact it.
They are also a coworker.

516

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm 22 too and still feel like beeing a teen, and have a strong inner child. When I read about 22 year olds getting accused of being pedophile when talking to <18 girls, I get so mad. Wtf is wrong with this society? Its just crazy

• Everybody needs a little inner child. Adulting sucks. Everybody needs a little fun in their life. Just not to much inner child.

• I mean its crazy and none sense that I should feel guilty when I like a 17 year old girl

• Absolutely. I've done it before and it was the best relationship I've ever been in (albeit the only relationship I've ever been in).

• To answer your update, no. Maturity is NOT really associated to age. Young people can be mature and, likewise, older people can still be immature.

• Its ok. Everything happens for a reason.

• Anywho, back to the topic. If you want to try with this co-worker, feel free to do it. I just personally don't think it's a good idea. If it doesn't work out, it may cause problems in tje work place.

Most Helpful Girl

• A co worker. Don't date him.
    At 19 I dated a 23 year old. At 23 I dated a 19 year old but the laws in my state said we could not have sex because one of us was not an adult... so we waited a year until I was old enough and then I waited until another old enough.. of course you are never obligated to sleep with anyone you date