Guys, Does a guy mirroring your body language actually mean he is interested?

Nearly every article written about how to tell if a guy likes you, says to watch and see if he mirrors (copies/repeats) your body language or movement. Is this truly something men do when interested and is it exclusive to being interested?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends, how familiar are you with him? Most of the time, unless he's a salesman then he probably doesn't know he's doing it, but it means he's paying attention to you. One day I noticed a female Co worker doing it with me, copying my habits and mannerisms, even the words I do, and I already suspected she liked me with how often she stares at me. The experts do say women do it far more often then men do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mirrors your body language not really. It's more like mirrors your established boundaries. People mirror one another's body language, like fear going through a crowd, in everyday conversation. If you really want to know if he likes you go up and put your hand on his shoulder from behind to say hello. If he freezes, or changes how he normally says hello he's interested at least sexually.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Best way to tell if a guy likes you is to ask him. Hell he can only give 1 of 2 answers.. women don't like playing the guessing game and neither do guys. Haha I'm not catching sexual harrassment charges for not having a ladies consent to approach her 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • If it is I've never noticed myself doing it. Better indicator is contact. So hugging, rubbing shoulders, playing with hands. It's kinda blunt but the idea is to see if the gesture is returned. Mirroring body language is something I can see doing if I'm into a conversation. But it doesn't necessarily mean interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • You own him and are in control. Of course a boss can have the same effect. Watch people in conference room meetings, it is so obvious.

2|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, if I were to mirror someone it would be on accident. I don't copy someone's movements when I am attracted to them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't think that's enough to go on alone. I find that the more I hang out with a group of friends the more I copy their mannerisms and choice of language. I think it's more productive to ask "if he's spending enough time around me that he's copying my body language is he interested?"

0|0
    0|0
  • In general, if someone is mirroring your body language, they are interested in you. It's not just men, it's women too.

1|0
    0|0
    • I disagree; I don't think it matters. I mean what kind of body language? What does that mean? If she crosses her legs, he crosses her legs? If she shrugs, he shrugs? I don't know that it has any significance.

• @Anon-ymous1 : It's fine if you don't agree. It's not my idea. I'm just going by what the experts in body language say.

• Yes we do this a lot but also when there is a group where most people sit on the floor instead of a stool you probly gonna sit down on the floor asweel so i dont know

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been around girls i liked talked to them and i dont even notice any of that

So im sure that article is some bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • That means his shy or gay. If he is interested, there is eye contact, smiles and obvious flirting.

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he read the article and expect this happens in real life but yeah I think he's interested
    Anyway I think the mirroring thing is absloute bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, yeah but there are other reasons that would happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • That more just tells you that he's paying attention than anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm. Interesting.
    Yup, he is interested that's why he is doing all that or else he wouldn't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah there's even an episode in big bang theory about it where Howard tries to copy a girl's movement but nothing happens xD

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy is mirroring a female’s body language I’d be concerned he’s gay.

0|0
    0|0
  • According to every single video on youtube about guys liking girls and the other way around, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.

1|0
    0|0
  • Means nothing.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is the theory I have heard

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he listens to your body

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep.. thats how it works for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to do it as a kid. Yes for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re not going to play Simon says with you, but it’s going to happen more with you than with other people. And it is going to happen with other people, not necessarily people they’re attracted to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of times, yes.

Sometimes, people who trying to get something out of you do that too, somebody like salesmen.

1|0
    0|0
  • You won't know if a guy likes you, unless you finally make a move

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes