Does someone keeping you happy in a relationship necessarily mean they love you?

Like I see people, mostly females say if he goes out of his way and inconvenience himself to make you happy etc, keep him he loves you, but isn’t it possible that he does it because he knows that is what you want. My cousin did a lot for his girl but he wasn’t as happy as she was. Her friends would always tell her, oh he makes you happy and never mentioned or cared to see how happy she made my cousin.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Doing things to keep a person happy is not the same as treating a person in a loving and caring way. Keeping someone happy, tends to imply activity running around to please someone.

5|0
    0|0
  • A person that is being a inconvenience to himself or herself consistently for the sake of another person loves and cares for that person.

Selfish people can't love anyone and they sure as hell won't be sacrificing their comfort and life for someone else.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not love if the same energy is not reciprocated because one person is going to feel drained while the other is leeching on their significant other. Love goes both ways and if she’s just focusing on her own source of happiness than she’s selfish.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• They might do stuff for someone because they love them, but when they don't feel loved as much in return it will hurt and will eventually ruin the relationship. BOTH people need to make an effort. If it is one sided it won't last.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question.
    Yeah, if you sacrifice yourself to make someone happy that's love.
    Your cousin's case was different, it doesn't seem to me that the love was mutual.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. They could just have a lot of empathy, or they could just be trying to make the best of the situation they are in.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means they're trying. Love is built like trust in a manner of giving and receiving. Are you trying to make them happy too?

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't relationship mean love? Or is it just trading hearts?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather have a partner happy cause then there happiness would make me happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys never expect if they luv truly

1|0
    0|0
  • for love must tohave 2 pesons

0|1
    0|0
  • I think yes.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• If they want your happiness - yes they love you.
    If theyre doing it because they don't want any drama and have other intentions behind it then no.

2|0
    0|0
  • No, normally people give thinking their generousity love, and care will be returned. They love you, but will fall OUT of love if it isn’t soon returned. Loving someone and being IN love are very different things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, i believe it is as long as its equal with both partners. Equality in a relationship is very important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that means

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it dies

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes