Does someone keeping you happy in a relationship necessarily mean they love you?

Like I see people, mostly females say if he goes out of his way and inconvenience himself to make you happy etc, keep him he loves you, but isn’t it possible that he does it because he knows that is what you want. My cousin did a lot for his girl but he wasn’t as happy as she was. Her friends would always tell her, oh he makes you happy and never mentioned or cared to see how happy she made my cousin.

611

Most Helpful Guys

• Doing things to keep a person happy is not the same as treating a person in a loving and caring way. Keeping someone happy, tends to imply activity running around to please someone.

• A person that is being a inconvenience to himself or herself consistently for the sake of another person loves and cares for that person.

Selfish people can't love anyone and they sure as hell won't be sacrificing their comfort and life for someone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not love if the same energy is not reciprocated because one person is going to feel drained while the other is leeching on their significant other. Love goes both ways and if she’s just focusing on her own source of happiness than she’s selfish.