Do guys like girls who are small?

I am 5"1 and very insecure about it. Thing is that I am short and am about a 100 pounds (hour glass shape) and my ex used to give me a horrible time about it. He was 5"6 and always reminded me that he could get someone who is taller and fairer (I am naturally tan). I hate it. I do have a pretty face (not to be immodest) but whenever I look at myself I hate the fact that I have small hands and feet and that guys could always do better. A lot of my relatives keep commenting like "she should have been a bit taller" or "she's fair but maybe she should have been lighter"
I am sad to the point where I can't go out without feeling self conscious. So I just wanna know if you would date a girl who's short?

316

Most Helpful Guys

• Not only would I date agirl who's short, but I typically do, and I actually prefer it.

I'm 6'4", but the majority of my dating history has been with women around your size, and I wouldn't have it any other way. You actually sound like the kind of person I would be attracted to, pretty quickly.

You really have no reason to be self concious, despite what your family says. There are plenty of other men like me, out there, that would be very attracted to someone your height/size.

• There is nothing wrong with being the size you are. Going by your description, I would be attracted. I’m 6’2”. Guys are usually attracted to a broad variety of women because it’s biologically advantageous for the species if the sex with the cheap and easy part in reproduction isn’t too fussed about a specific “type”. That’s how humans have evolved. I guarantee you’ve put a trillion times more effort into thinking about it than all guys who’ve ever seen you, put together.

Most Helpful Girl