Do guys like girls who are small?

I am 5"1 and very insecure about it. Thing is that I am short and am about a 100 pounds (hour glass shape) and my ex used to give me a horrible time about it. He was 5"6 and always reminded me that he could get someone who is taller and fairer (I am naturally tan). I hate it. I do have a pretty face (not to be immodest) but whenever I look at myself I hate the fact that I have small hands and feet and that guys could always do better. A lot of my relatives keep commenting like "she should have been a bit taller" or "she's fair but maybe she should have been lighter"
I am sad to the point where I can't go out without feeling self conscious. So I just wanna know if you would date a girl who's short?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Not only would I date agirl who's short, but I typically do, and I actually prefer it.

I'm 6'4", but the majority of my dating history has been with women around your size, and I wouldn't have it any other way. You actually sound like the kind of person I would be attracted to, pretty quickly.

You really have no reason to be self concious, despite what your family says. There are plenty of other men like me, out there, that would be very attracted to someone your height/size.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing wrong with being the size you are. Going by your description, I would be attracted. I’m 6’2”. Guys are usually attracted to a broad variety of women because it’s biologically advantageous for the species if the sex with the cheap and easy part in reproduction isn’t too fussed about a specific “type”. That’s how humans have evolved. I guarantee you’ve put a trillion times more effort into thinking about it than all guys who’ve ever seen you, put together.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Lots of guys do, yes. I would, too.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can look this up, but the average height for a woman is 5'3" (maybe 5'4"). You are only a bit below average. Women who are 5'5" think they are short for some bizaree reason even though they are above average.
    That 5'6" ex of yours is insercure about his own height (well below the average of 5'9") and felt better by belittling you. He is a piece of shit human who didn't even have his facts straight. You are normal height, he is the short one (not that thay is bad).

0|0
    0|0
  • Well their criticism on your skin color is more hard to deal with than their criticism on your shortness. While being short can make you look weaker and younger, those things are not a big issue for a girl.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeightAngst

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 1 is not really short for a girl but i suspect you ex at only 5 6 was conscious about his own lack of stature and was projecting onto you... not all guys are so shit with women so don worry about that. as for family, they always put each other down. if you was a super model they would pick fault and female friends equal passive aggressive bitch syndrome. in short, pardon the punn, there is nothing wrong with you at all

1|0
    0|0
  • I like short small girls the best. It adds to her cuteness. I'm 6', but I would prefer a girl between 5' to 5' 4" I also like them to be skinny and petite. And if they look really wimpy I think it looks really hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally I don't find girls whose frame is that of a middle school girl attractive. But you're hourglass so I doubt you look like a kid. What's with the comments of your relatives... I guess you guys aren't Caucasian?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a feeling you're Korean? That sounds like Korean culture. No, being small and tan isn't bad at all. Some guys don't like that but a large amount of guys do as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Height does not really matter in my opinion. its all about the guy. d-bag guys like hot girls rather then nice people

0|0
    0|0
  • What is wrong with that ex?
    You are great, men mostly like the girl to be smaller in size and length.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the hundredth time... YES WE DO

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I would date a short girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • Petite girls 😙😙

0|0
    0|0
  • personaly i dont like

0|0
    0|0
  • No worries

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• You sound very much like me. 5' 1" tall, 90lbs, skinny and quite dark skinned, as I do have some ancestry from North Borneo.

My boyfriend is 6' 1", and loves me being a short ass!

You will have no trouble finding a decent guy, like mine, that loves you being like you are. Do not feel self conscious! be proud of who you are! Guys will love you for being like that!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think most guys prefer a girl who is shorter than they are.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes