Guys, Honest Answer Please, Is having sex without commitment hurting my chances of a real relationship?

vale2262
Over the last year I’ve been “involved with” three guys – at different times over the course of the year but with all 3 cases we were hanging out together often, went on actual dates and had sex. None of those situations turned into an official dating relationship or boyfriend/girlfriend status and I want to figure out why. The first guy told me after two or three months that he wanted me but not a girlfriend. I ended things before I got badly hurt. With the second guy I could tell he liked me a lot but I wasn’t as into him so things eventually fizzled out. Now looking back I wonder why he never brought up being exclusive. The guy I’m seeing now definitely seems into me, wants to see me a lot and calls me BAE (I guess some people still use that term). As far as I know he’s not seeing anyone else but we haven’t talked about exclusivity so I don’t want to assume anything. The truth is that I’d be upset if I found out he had other girls.

I’m getting insecure about why none of the guys I’ve been with in past year were interested in an actual relationship. Is it because we were having sex regularly and they had no interest in being tied down or committed to me? Basically everyone I know has sex before officially dating someone so I don’t get why doing that myself is hurting my chances of finding a great guy to be in a relationship with. Am I being naïve? Please be honest with me and give good advice without being mean because I’m already confused and a little insecure.
5