Why do some girls feel uncomfortable letting guys pay the full expense on the first date, and others expect him to?

I've met girls who just won't accept my offer to get the bill. I mean its nice to offer to chip in, but sometimes i just want to treat her. Chances are, if i want to pay, it means either i really am interested, or/and i see a second date coming, and i might let her foot the bill for that one. Im sensible enough to not choose super expensive places, so...

And I have seen girls who expect the guy to pay. That really puts me off, like i dont mind paying, but if she insists that i pay or doesn't explain why you want me to pay, i dont see why i should spend more on someone who doesn't have common courtesy to at least offer to help out.

And before i get bashed, i do believe that people from both genders are guilty.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because society is in this transitional stage where more and more women are pushing for equal rights but not all of them are their yet.

My advice for your next date, basically say something like:

"Hey in this day and age people are easily offended and I'm here with you, so obviously offending you is not on my agenda. With so much talk of gender equality happening I just wanted to throw this out there to make things less awkward later. I would love to pay for our meal tonight, but I also completely respect and have no issue with you paying for your own."

Most Helpful Guy

• Different people have different prefences and expectations. It works best if it's discussed in advance.