What can a guy do to impress a girl on a date?

What can a guy do to impress a girl on a date?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• For me personally.
    Be a gentleman.
    Make me laugh.
    Not talk to much or too little.
    Ask me some questions (be a good listener and take in information)
    Have a good sense of humor.
    Be honest (even if may not like the answer)
    Smell good/good hygiene.
    Dressed nicely.
    Flirt with me a little.
    Talk about interesting things.
    Compliment me (if sincere)
    Be upbeat.
    Make me feel comfortable.

This would definitely be good.

3|4
    0|0
    • So basically and correct me if I’m wrong, we need to show that we care and we are high standard that sounds pretty easy but I guess it’s kind of those things were it’s easy to say but hard to do

• Show All
    • And I bet you don't need to do anything, it's on him to win you over.

• People can say whatever opinion they want but for me. A guy NEEDS TO: open my chair and car door. Hold the door and let me walk into the room first. Hand on my waist. Walk tall. Dress nice and just hold himself up like a man. Maybe pay. If all of this isn't shown to me after date #2 I dont date them.

People have standards and these are mine for reasons. I shouldn't have to lower my standards to accommodate society.

0|1
    0|2
    • Does he know all of this before you date him?

• Show All
    • @emmanuel_macaroni Yea I didn't know you could open a chair either. Must be some type of magic trick

• I'm not going to respond after this message because like I said it's my personal opinion and I have every right to dream, pick and raise my standards for MY guy. BUT if a guy has done all this... that means HIS MOTHER raised him right. If not HE raised himself right. he grew up or conditioned himself to know that chivalry is still important to some women (me) and that regardless of what is going in in society with how we depict gener roles... he still knows the basics of how to show respect early in the relationship. Fyi. I have dated 4 men... and ALL 4 men were different races, ages and ethnic background and yes... ALL 4 MEN treated me with all that I mentioned WITHOUT me saying or hinting about it. Why we broke up? All left for the military, went to college far away or had a different career plan than me. So you can all joke about it. But there are real beautiful decent men out there with strong values that women like me appreciate.

Most Helpful Guys

• Be a gentleman smell nice dress well. And offer a chair and wait for to sit down before you sit down and if she goes to stand to use the washroom then you stand and wait fore her to leave. Then when she return's you stand holding the chair fore her to sit down then you sit down. Then going to the car you open the door fore her always the gentlemen.

0|0
    0|0
  • As I always tell my clients.. be armed with really great questions and listen and interact with here answers. Good examples:

1. Have you traveled anywhere cool lately/do you have any trips coming up? 🔥

2. What are you most passionate about? 📌

3. What’s something you’ve always wanted to try? 📍

4. Any good movies you want to see that are out right now? 🚨

Try and stay away from YES and NO questions. Conversations need to have a good flow back and forth and good questions like this will help.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 29

• Listen attentively, put his phone out of sight, and notice small details about her (what she likes, what she does when she's experiencing certain emotions, such as nervousness, happiness, fascination, etc.)

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know why I made my comment totally from third-person prospective "her" but I meant to say that those would impress "me."

Oh, and respect, a man respecting me is very impressive. That means don't touch me without me permitting or initiating.

I dress decently and behave modestly so I'm not the type of woman who's looking to be touched by anybody unless you're my significant other, my man. Don't feel my arm or thigh because I work out a lot and they're toned. They're not for you.

Don't give me an attitude and outwardly show your disappointment when I hug you goodbye as a courtesy, and when I say that I don't kiss just any man on the lips for goodbye.

(Note: I don't mean "you" specifically, but any guy who's disrespectful.)

• Show All
    • And I interpreted your comment as you didn't mind the girl touching you without your permission, so if you don't mind, then that's not a problem, but if you would've minded, then that was inappropriate of her.

I was just answering your question as you asked for. Don't try to argue with me about my opinions because I own them. A respectful man is impressive to me, not a pervert who touched a woman's body parts without permission, and was highly upset and insisted on kissing the woman's lips for goodbye, when she unwillingly initiated a courtesy hug for goodbye - only out of courtesy.

• Be genuine. Don’t lie about how much money you make and stuff like that.
    But it’s hard to give you just one answer because girls nowadays can be really picky. Like you can’t impress these girls even with a doctorate. It’s horrible.

0|2
    0|0
  • As Beyonce would put it, listen. It’s the most important key. To listen and show interest in what a girl’s saying. Maybe if a guy listened to what a girl was saying he might be able to pick up the hints she’s throwing. Whether she wants to get it on or start a relationship. Also ask her questions about her topic to show her you do hear what she’s saying.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree but some girls are keep on talking which goes beyond the patience to listen.

• Show All
    • Tq Queen😊

• Tallguy I'm not from English background so I can't understand what you are trying to mean...

• DONT try too hard and act like u would normally but behave lol most women can tell when a man is acting up and don't talk about the type of car u drive or try to win a girl over with money you'll only attract girls that want only that and when u get broke why would they stay when the relationship is based on a transaction?

0|0
    0|0
  • Active listening. Being genuine. Clean yourself up nicely and don't wear stained clothing. Keep the conversation lively and don't make it all about sex and when she's going to give you sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show that he already has a life and a girlfriend is just a bonus
    Wear grown up clothes (no hoodies unless its a hike).
    Have a date planned
    Don't act like a know it all.
    Offer to pay, if you're low on cash go to a village bar (they usually get food for free)
    Be nice to staff

0|0
    0|0
  • Be charming, funny and quick witted. Smiling a lot is a big plus too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being funny and interesting , dont let things get too awkward or boring and make the girl feel comfortable.

0|1
    0|0
  • mostly the same info I gave to the girl asking the same question of a guy on a date.
    You can't go wrong with being happy, comfortable, attentive, interested in her and paying for the date.

0|0
    0|1
  • Hug and don't try to kiss. Ask questions and genuinely listen. Be honest! If you aren't vibing with us at least tell us so we don't think you are into us when we really aren't. Talk about intelligent topics or something more than just the weather.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would waiting for the third date to kiss make sense? I've been getting heckled for not doing it on the first and second dates.

• Show All
    • 🤷🏻‍♂️ It could happen @monicamoo

• I know... Because it has happened for me but they don't last. Kinda sux when the chemistry is all there.

• Dress nicely, the outfit defines their peraonality and way of thinking, be respectful, charming, A GENTLEMAN , and yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be a gentleman
    Tease her
    Make her laugh
    Tell her about your goals
    Smell nice
    Dress well

0|0
    0|0
  • I want him to take the initiative. So putting his arm around me and carressing my hand are a good way to start.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been on a true date. Never even had an actual crush really. But judging from my religious knowledge, I would say this:
    Take a personal interest in her
    not still be hung up on another girl
    tease her (mischievously is what girls prefer)
    not brag about himself, but rather talk about things that bring people together.
    Recall funny memories
    Order her the biggest, fattiest meal he can think of. She will be flustered by this.
    sit with a charming posture and smile with dazzling eyes
    wash his face very cleanly
    ask her what shows she watched as a child or what books she read
    if you're stuck wondering what to talk about, then gossip. Girls love guys who gossip (believe it or not)

0|0
    0|0
  • Compliment her, be polite, open doors for her, ask her personal questions etc

0|0
    0|1
  • Just look good and have good banter. Girls don't like dry conversations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just make her laugh and ask things about her to show that you are really interested :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Be a classic gentleman. Pull out her chair open the doors.

0|0
    0|1
  • Make her laugh and be himself.

0|0
    0|0
  • His captivating charm

0|0
    0|1
  • One on one attention.
    Stay off his phone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be himself

0|1
    0|0
  • Lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • Be nice

0|0
    0|0
  • Be kind

0|0
    0|0
  • Pay all the bill on a date.

0|0
    1|2
  • Be yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Be himself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be confident. And yes own a style. A unique one

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 36

• Definitely be a gentleman. How you tip the wait staff is very important. If you've ever worked food, then you know the pay sucks. Go with 20-25% any more then she might think you are trying to be a bigshot. If you have drinks at a bar, tip at least a dollar per round, two if the waitress brings it out. Talk to her, be a good listener. Have your date totally planned out, have a few back ups as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Make it sample but personal.
    Like take her somewhere she likes, buy her candy she likes, take her to some landmarks that are cool and close.
    Make sure that she's not boring. Make it a long date on which all attention is on her. Be creative, think about what both of you would like.
    Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why does the guy have to impress in the first place. She is nothing special or hold an elevated position over him.

0|0
    0|1
    • You must sit home alone a lot. ?

• Show All
    • dont let her over talk or BS, if she's not interesting dont look at her at all. Change the subject if you can and point to something, then talk about you a little bit and look at her deeply in the eyes but not for too long. Yes unfortunately if you try to impress her a little too much she will call you out for bragging lol and then you have to be cool and make good excuses or else you fail. Ask her questions and when you get the answer you needed, tell her how you feel and if it matches good, if it doesn't bad, dont try to match it on purpose just so you can have sex. Be prepared for feminism BS, ask what she thinks about it and if she is one, destroy her with equality, really push for equality discussions, particularly the 50:50 bill split at dinner dates, if she is offended by this, bail.

• Pull your wallet out at every available opportunity and buy her lots of stuff, make sure it has lots of cash inside, forget the plastic. I mean think bundles of cash, like you're a daily spendaholic.

1|0
    1|0
    • Throw the cash into the air and run, if she grabs the money you dodged a bullet, if she runs with you well shit 😂

• Just don't give a fuck and be yourself. If she doesn't want you, *HER* loss man.

Us men need to stop trying to cater to women. It's killing us and putting women in a very advantageous position.

0|2
    0|0
  • well make her laugh and smile show a gud time make sure she well feed and stuff make sure she has fun

1|0
    0|0
  • Listen attentively, wear a nice dress shirt with a suit or vest. Take her out somewhere nice and intimate. Then ask some questions about herself and over time you will get to know her. 👍🏻

0|0
    0|0
  • dont try hard to impress, just be a man and a decent human being, i guess thats good enough for target demographic , leave out the rest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe talk about your plans for your future, obviously be yourself if she doesn't like that then she ain't worth it. Dress appropriately etc i suppose

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask her if she would like to fly to lunch.

Works every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't even seem like you just want sex.
    Don't act entitled.
    Be mature but still fun.
    Be a gentleman b

0|0
    0|0
  • I need to get a date first
    Then I am sure I will be the perfect gentleman

0|0
    0|0
  • you lean over to her and whisper softly in her ear: "Communism doesn't work"

0|1
    0|0
  • Be yourself. If she really likes you, she will be impressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself and make her laugh, but don't try too hard to make her laugh or it'll be obvious.

0|0
    0|0
  • He will do anything to make his lady happy, but the girl has to show him that she is her lady..

0|0
    0|0
  • Pull out a wad of cash at least 4 inches thick.

0|4
    0|0
  • ... a backflip!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Pull up in a Ferrari

1|0
    0|0
  • Be a billionaire.

0|1
    0|0
  • Be able to lick your own eyebrows ha ha

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself and keep calm

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe "nothing"

0|0
    0|0
  • Flex

0|0
    0|0
  • Far abnormally long

0|0
    0|0
  • Bank account information.

JK.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pay for everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Be funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't stare at her breasts

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't, just be yourself, no games : )

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes