Would you bother to have a 2nd date if you got on but felt no chemistry?

So you go on a date with someone and you get on well, but you don't feel any spark or that connected and the attraction isn't all that strong? (you don't find them unattractive but you don't really feel it)
would you still carry on to see them again? even though they didn't "wow" you.
  • Yes, personally i'd still want to go on a 2nd date.
  • No, if the vibe doesn't feel right i wouldn't bother.
  • I'd go on one more date, and if i still feel the same way end it there.
    Vote C
  • I don't know what a spark or chemistry is.
    Vote D

2750

Most Helpful Guys

• a lot of people think that chemistry needs to be this instant magnetic attraction that strikes like lightning... I don't know why... Chemistry sometimes takes a little bit of time before you feel it. Some of the most profound chemical reactions in science are slow

• I've heard that, though personally thats not once happened with me.

• You might be surprised how many people logic themselves out of relationships... You have to be ready in order for it to happen

• Yes. On a first date, there are many things going on, sometimes things are a bit stressed, and it can be difficult to relax enough to truly enjoy being with someone. At times, it takes a few shared laughs and few lingering moments of looking into each other's eyes before you start to feel the sparkle. If I didn't really like the person, a second date would be a waste of time, but I have had second dates where the spark suddenly appeared, so. . . in my experience, give it a second chance before you pull the plug on someone who you otherwise really like.

Most Helpful Girls

• I'd give it one more go, but if it was still the same, I'd drop it. I usually feel chemistry instantly if there is any. And I'm not about to waste either of our time if the spark isn't there.

• "I usually feel chemistry instantly if there is any"
      same, I've either felt it right away within first date or never.

• Good luck with players 😉

• Yes I would and did. I think a first date is always scary. And sometimes the other person (or maybe me as well) gets so nervous that the sparks don't fly. My mom said it could grow so I gave it a second chance. But after the second time I still felt nothing, only awkwardness. I did make it very clear after the first one that I didn't feel anything, but was willing to give it another chance. In my case at the second date, nothing happened. But I'm still great friends with him.

I think first dates are a bit too short to really get to know someone. Give it some time and see if you feel more comfortable, Chemistry or w. e. at a second date. If the second felt better than the first, then go on a third and so on. Sometimes it needs time to grow.