How important is a potential partner's age to you if you're both adults?

• Age is just a number
    Vote A
  • There are limits (please explain)
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• So much I want to say, so many differences in between and opinions. Am 33 and his 51 there’s A few good ones and a lot of down ones mostly. He’s always saying I have someone else or talking to someone else out of nowhere, or only because i missed a call from him... lol. Oh lord 🙄😏

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the People in a relationship with a big age gap is especially suspicious that their Partner will bail.

• For me, age can play a role into my personal decision to date someone. Ultimately, it comes down to the persons maturity and life experiences as well as what they are looking for in a relationship. Recently, I was persuaded by a younger man and the attraction was there and I was quite flattered.. however, I am not looking for a casual relationship and i knew that this was what they were seeking so I decided against it..
    That doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to dating someone younger in the future.. if they were looking for something substantial.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If I have to explain who the Beach Boys are and what CCR stands then you are too young for me. Otherwise if I have to ell her who walked on the moon first and who was killed in Dallas then she is too young for me.
    Several of us were at a beach house playing games and stuff. They made fun of me fore joking about my test. So I asked my date where the Vietnam War took place. She thought a long time then admitted she didn't know but knew it was important. lol.
    She was to young for me but it was a setup the others brought. My fault.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• There are limits since I wouldn't want to date an old man... I'm not attracted to wrinkles, at least not currently xD
    I guess my range is like 20-35? The 20 year old would have to be rather mature for his age though.

1|3
    0|0
  • It is very important because different age will mostly mean different stage in life.

1|3
    0|0
  • I'm 33 I would not date a guy older that 45 or younger than 30 that just me I like my man fully cooked

1|1
    0|0
  • Well I dont want them to be younger than me and not older than say 50 .

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• i think there are limits that come naturally in who you'd choose... i wouldn't date someone who was very different from me in maturity, which comes as a result of age, even if it's not necessarily a direct correlation. like I'm dating a 27yo who i feel like I'm on very even social footing with, but there are probably 27yos out there who might be less or more mature than me so I'd feel we wouldn't mesh, but for instance most 40yos would be more mature than me almost across the board, so i wouldn't end up with one of them. I'd feel gross dating someone in a different stage of life than me too, because I'd question what their motivation was in dating someone younger. but like I'll date anyone 18-30 or so without feeling weird about it, and once im in my thirties or forties i feel like i wouldn't feel word about anyone unless they were much older or younger than me. people should date within their own age groups for the most part, it just closes a lot of opportunity for either to take advantage, but once you hit a certain point what's considered your age group is a lot wider, because a 50yo doesn't have any particular life advantage over a 40yo, unlike a 30yo might have over a 20yo. also, the generation you grew up in makes a difference with how you behave culturally and whether you would get each other. so while that's not a deciding factor it also influences people to date closer to their own age

0|1
    0|0
  • Age is just a number BUT the reality is if you are a older man (say 50) and you meet up with a 30 year old, by the time she is 40 and the guy is 60 the woman will most likely lose interest and bail on him when the guy is hit with the usual health problems that come with old age. Women generally speaking won't hang around for that.

1|1
    0|0
    • Motivation to work out and exercise then. My father (76) still lifts weights and ran a marathon a few years ago. His wife is younger than me.

• That is great if you can do that but it won't work for a lot of people. I exercise too but that doesn't stop women calling me an old man.

• Important for what? If she is legal up to healthy alive I guess I don't care. I did go with 36yo when I was 17, and so far I think she was the best relationship. I would try more gap just to see if maturity tops all else because I think it does. I just realized that that neither age nor thigh gaps matter to me.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well there is that age rule... half age plus seven or something?
    It is a reasonably sensible rule of thumb
    I think I would be reluctant to step to far from that
    I would not entirely rule it out either though but the person would need to be very special for it

0|1
    0|0
  • It's important because differing ages have differing priorities and goals and positions in life.

For example, the 20 year olds are all find and dandy to look at 'till they open their mouth - then all bets are off. :)

0|2
    0|0
    • @PM_ME_PUPPERS - most women find men up to ten years older can actually be preferable to men their own age. They're smarter, better looking, have more money, and are better in the sack. They know better how to treat a woman, how better to entertain her. That's what women are looking for - someone to entertain them, have fun with them.
      After about age 40 then up to 20 years older.

For guys, really they like youth and beauty. So they're always looking at younger women. After all, why would he take a 40 if he can get a 25?

Youth and beauty are a woman's greatest asset, the peak of her desirability. That starts to fade after about thirty. By forty they're sagging and wrinkling, and it becomes increasingly difficult to find a suitor, if even possible. All the good guys have been snapped up, leaving the rejects, nerds, and divorcees with kids in tow.

My advice to young women: Don't squander your youth. __Browneye :)

• There are limits, but they would increase the older I got.

For now though, at the age of 22, one year either way is fine, but I may be open to two.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely huge pros vs cons. Cons out weigh in most cases. On a rare occasion you may find a woman that is brought up on a family where they are well educated and worldly. Meaning they know who Bobby D is and what major accomplishment was during the presidential years of Regan. Let alone what “411” means. The list goes on.

It’s difficult enough in today’s world to find a partner that can talk on the phone vs texting or can have a complete conversation without looking or checking a phone during an outing.

Age may not be a defining reason. But it certainly narrows down being asked is this your daughter as a young Person 2/3’s your age comes to the table to ask your date for a dance. lol.

But most older same aged people are jaded an not nearly as much fun to show the world to. But some are. I have hope 😎

0|1
    0|0
  • It's important if she's over 35 to marry but I'd date one up to 50 probably

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean if I was 60 I'd never date a 20 year old that's a bit wrong

0|1
    0|0
  • My limit is eighteen to thirty eight right now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very important always younger

0|1
    0|0
  • younger girls 27 and younger are stupid

0|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn’t date same age or older. I don’t care how younger they are if they’re adult.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes