What does it mean when a girl puts on a childish/babyish tone of voice around me?

A couple of months ago I asked out a girl and she said maybe. I took it as a rejection and didn’t mention it again. Thereafter things became slightly awkward to the point where we’d still laugh and converse as before but there was a sense of avoidance on both parts.

A few weeks ago, i noticed she started viewing my statuses on social media, this hadn’t happened before.

Today, i saw her after a month and she was the first to initiate conversation and started talking to me in a soft babyish childish tone of voice. She sat beside me, closer than usual, laughed at all my jokes and from the corner of my eye I could see she was starting at me and gave attention to everything we were conversing about.

I don’t know what to make of all this? Does she have feelings for me? Did she miss me? What could it be?

03