How do I know if he really likes me or if he is just waiting for someone better to come along?

How do you know if a guy actually really likes you vs just wants to have someone to hang out with and have sex with while he hopes for someone better to come along?
Updates:
I should clarify that this is an “early dating” type of question. Like, how do you know at the very beginning of a relationship when you are just deciding to date each other whether he is really into you or just (consciously or unconsciously) using you as a placeholder?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• If he really likes you, he will be making plans for a lifetime together. What do you want? To share a home with a life partner? To be married? To have children? Does he want the same? If you don't know, it's time to talk about this.

0|0
    0|0
    • I clarified above, but I am asking about in the early stages of dating. Like, how do you know that he really *wants* to kiss you, date you, text you... and isn’t just going through the motions because he’s bored while he waits for something else to come along?

• There's no way to tell immediately. In the medium term (months), serious relationships move forward because we don't live forever. Non-serious relationships stagnate. Some guys will do this for ten years. They stay with a women, maybe even move in together, but they never really commit because they are looking for something better but are afraid to be alone. Don't let this happen to you. Serious guys are comfortable with serious talk.

• He really likes you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• But what to do in situation when guy likes you, but he wanna have sex with you (he might have "future speak" sometimes)?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes