Boyfriend blames everything on my personality disorder?

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder like a year ago. I struggle with it but I have gotten a lot better. But ever since my boyfriend found out he blames literally everything on me and my bpd. If he is being an inconsiderate jerk and I call him out on it he just tells me I'm being crazy and my "bpd is acting up". It really hurts my feelings. I try to have calm adult conversations with him but he always shuts me down and blames my bpd. Bpd already has a ton of negative connotations and stigma attached to it... but it's something I can't control and it's become his excuse for not taking responsibility in our relationship...

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump him, I'd never be with a person who'd manipulate my mental illness in his favour and use that to his advantage in an argument. That's a lowest a person can sink and I would never stand for that.

Get someone that deserves you, not someone that thinks they are doing you a favour by being with you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Blaming someone for everything is already wrong and if he knows your disorder instead of misusing it he should be more carefull. it is like if you know your friend's knee hurts you dont go and kick there (kicking your friend is already wrong btw). he is so inconsiderate. tell him he does not help at all.