How to deal with my bf’s insecurity?

So, I am in my senior year of college. My boyfriend just graduate in May. He now has a full-time job. However, sometimes he gets insecure when I tell him about the things i plan to do/want to go to while I’m here. I figure, it’s my senior year, why not try new things? I told him I wanted to join a sorority, and he tried to be happy for me. But, he made a joke about how sorority girls get “banged” a lot, and that I’m gonna become “like a sorority girl” (which I guess he assumes is stuck up, sloppy and not very moral). But, I just want to join to meet new people since I came in as a transfer last year and didn’t make many friends. Anyways. I got upset. He said he was sorry he said “i just get insecure sometimes because you’re there at college, and I’m not”. I told him he doesn’t need to, because I have never cheated and I think it’s wrong to do. That I care for him and want to be with him. I won’t forget him!

I also told him sometimes i get insecure because he’s at a job, where he can make close friendships with other women. Also, he is moving to a new area. I just try hard not to show it.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Y'all got trust issues at the core. Really, no one should be worrying about other girls/guys when in a relationship or else the relationship doesn't make much sense. Y'all need to agree on the fact that neither of you will cheat and move on. But the dude got a point. If you hang out with a group, you become like it. If that's how sorority girls are, then imma worry myself If it was me. I guess just don't do the things that will get the other one jealous, and always think whether doing something will make him insecure.

• No. Not all sorority girls are like that. I know several who are good girls, who don’t cheat or want to. I am joining to meet new girls and make friendships with them, also to meet new people and put myself out there. I am kind of a shy person, so I am trying to step out of my comfort zone. I think it’s terrible to assume someone who is in a sorority is a terrible person. I am also in an honor co-Ed fraternity. There are people there who cheat on partners. So, someone can’t really judge like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds like basic worry that comes with relationships so I guess good and constant communication could really help.