Do you think a movie is a good first date?

Honestly I feel like it's really not a good choice because I want to know the girl more. A movie doesn't help me with that but my friends think it's a good first date actively.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No. I don't feel like it's a good first date at all. You go in an sit silently for two hours and on top of that it costs money, which I don't think first date ever should. I'd like a walk or just hanging out in a park better.

0|1
    0|0
    • Who said going to the movies? I thought watching it at my place or yours

• That's even worse! Never go to anyone's house on a first date. It can be unsafe.

• Thankfully i live in a country with no psychos and no gun culture. I do however have to admit i was locked into thinking I've had conversations with the gal several times before. Probably because asker said he had talled to his friends about it, made me assumr that he already knows the girl personally. First date with someone youve barely spoken to at home is not the greatest idea i agree. Someone i barely/dont know would be better with coffee and a walk afterwards depending on the chemistry during the coffee

• It depends how much talking you guys do - if you guys don't care too much about talking and just want to enjoy yourselves, a movie might be a good option for you. If you want to learn more about the person and have the person learn more about you, you might consider doing something that is more personal and direct like sitting at a restaurant and having a conversation. If you are worried about the cost - you could pick a reasonably priced restaurant like pizza hut or olive garden - pizza hut should have decent prices since they don't serve alcohol there.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In general, it's a lousy choice for an early date UNLESS you have known the person for a while and know them pretty well already. Otherwise, you need to choose an activity that allows for lots of conversation - because that is what early dates are for: interviewing each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a good first date for those who feel uncomfortable with dating, who question whether they will run out of things to talk about, etc. You talk for a few minutes, then the movie starts and you are required to be silent for 1½-2 hours, then you can talk about the movie.

I would never choose a movie as a first date because I am confident of my ability to maintain a conversation.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• Sometime more interactive like mini golf Dave and busters/ arcade / air hockey / pool
    Something you guys can do together
    A movie is ok but for the whole movie you can't really talk.. go out for coffee or food after the movie to at least talk about it I guess?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends.
    No, it's not a good way to get to know someone because you can't do much talking. However, it may be a good way to get comfortable with someone. To just spend some time together and be in each other's presence may ease some first date nerves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. There's not a lot of time to talk before hand, or if you do a meal etc. Before then it lasts too long and will get bored of hanging out for so long.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. The point of a first date is to get to know each other. You're not able to communicate during a movie.

0|2
    0|0
  • That's why it's dinner and a movie! The movie helps loosen both up in eachother presence, but the helps you have time to converse!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that's actually the least ideal idea. On a first date you want to get to know each other, focus on each other, not on a movie and not get to talk.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because you don't get to talk and get to know each other to determine if the other can be a potential partner, which is the whole point of a first date

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it's more of a good second or third date. In the first date u gotta get to know the other person. But if u still wanna go to a movie, u could go out to eat first for example and then watch a movie

0|0
    0|0
  • I rather be able to talk to the person, a movie date can come later if I find out that I like the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah go for a coffee date instead so you guys can talk and get to know each other

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally no because on a first date I would like to get to know the person by talking to them

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You can't get to know each other. You're sitting there in the dark, silent lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg, definitely, especially when I can lay on his chest while watching the movie 💏

0|0
    0|0
  • No you can't talk and get to know them, and i should know had a movie date befire it went bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 32

• depends. generally i'd say no but if you know the girl/guy really well already. at that point you're just enjoying each others company. I'm just going to assume you don't though so it's probably be best to do something that allows you to interact. I like taking first dates bowling. cause just about everyone sucks at bowling. it's a tension breaker when you can laugh at each other playfully.

0|0
    0|0
  • in conjunction with something it may be a good first date. like dinner and a movie or something and a movie is a fine first date. i think a first date should have plenty of time for conversation and connecting

0|0
    0|0
  • I think going to a movie is a bad date. Not sure why it seems to be a popular choice.

Cause the theatre is dark and noisy. Both of you probably won't be interacting with each other for the whole 2 hours.

I think getting a cup of coffee is way better. Cause not only is it cheap, but you also get to talk and get to know each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • At a movie, there is no good way to talk and get to know the person. A movie could be a good first date, if you already know the person fairly well as a friend, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather spend this time walking in a park or talking to her in somewhere. Going to movie would steal my time while I could get to know her or impress better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two things you should never so on a first date, 1: Go to the Cinema, 2: Go to dinner. I recommend only going for drinks or take a walk along a beach or something like that and just chat about yourselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you. That's something you do with someone you know.
    Your first date should be something where you two can talk and get to know each other better, such as dinner.

0|0
    0|0
  • For people that find it difficult to talk to new people, I think a movie could be good depending on what it is. It could give them some topics to talk about over dinner after the movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always do the movie first, then dinner afterwards, that way you have something to talk about during dinner.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. you sit in the dark and watch a screen. there is little to no interaction and you're not supposed to talk. it's a terrible date.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a rule no. You want to talk to them, being in cinema for two hours in silence is a waste of time.
    That being said, i was out with someone s few months back, we'd spoken a lot remotely before first date, met for coffee, spoke for couple of jours till we were thrown out of coffee shop as they closed. I knew there was a film she wanted to see but wouldn't have another chance before its run ended. We talked the 40 min drive to cinema, both really enjoyed the film and gave us something else to talk about when we went to dinner.
    I dropped her home, went in for a cup of tea. Having had a 10 hour first date the movie fitted in ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • no best first date is coffee date because you can talk to her and you guys can see what each other is about and create chemistry

0|0
    0|0
  • The 1st date is about getting 2 know the person and that's kinda hard to do when your watching deadpool cut people in half

0|0
    0|0
  • I think women are naturally shy. So if she doesn't feel very comfortable with you, she'll like it

0|0
    1|0
  • Its kinda boring and not engaging. Id opt for a walk though a park or maybe food at a fastfood place.

0|0
    0|0
  • A first date is about getting to know someone. Save the movies for later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I think walk in the park is nice or a coffee place. Just a way to get out and have some good communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • hate movies as a 1st date. I did it once. was awkward

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on how much you focus on the movie contrary to your date. I've had sex to family guy episodes being on in the background on a first date before. Movie or something to watch in general is just a conversation randomizer the way i see it; if we have something to talk about we do that with no regard for what were watching, but if the conversation dies and it becomes awkward we watch whatever were watching for a couple of secs and it gives us tons of ideas what to ask or talk to the other about. If my date is all like "shhh trying to watch" i lose interest. But im talking first date here, several dates later or even in grey area of relationship and it ok to be more focused on the entertainement, but then again its implied that were spending more time later and can talk about it then contrary to first dates which are usually just that one activity

0|0
    0|0
  • Sit with someone I don't know in a dark room not talking for 2 hours no thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good if you know you two will both be interested in it

0|0
    0|0
  • Its chill and if its good vibes anything can happen

0|0
    0|0
  • No, i don't think so. Do something else, like visit a park...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, doing it old school never went out of style.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good IF you eat somewhere first and talk.

0|0
    0|0
  • david wygant says movie dates suck

0|0
    0|0
  • No movie would be like 3rd date

0|0
    0|0
  • id rather go on a picnic

0|0
    0|0
  • That movie better be good.