Do you think a movie is a good first date?

Honestly I feel like it's really not a good choice because I want to know the girl more. A movie doesn't help me with that but my friends think it's a good first date actively.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

1734

Most Helpful Girls

• No. I don't feel like it's a good first date at all. You go in an sit silently for two hours and on top of that it costs money, which I don't think first date ever should. I'd like a walk or just hanging out in a park better.

• Who said going to the movies? I thought watching it at my place or yours

• That's even worse! Never go to anyone's house on a first date. It can be unsafe.

• Thankfully i live in a country with no psychos and no gun culture. I do however have to admit i was locked into thinking I've had conversations with the gal several times before. Probably because asker said he had talled to his friends about it, made me assumr that he already knows the girl personally. First date with someone youve barely spoken to at home is not the greatest idea i agree. Someone i barely/dont know would be better with coffee and a walk afterwards depending on the chemistry during the coffee

• It depends how much talking you guys do - if you guys don't care too much about talking and just want to enjoy yourselves, a movie might be a good option for you. If you want to learn more about the person and have the person learn more about you, you might consider doing something that is more personal and direct like sitting at a restaurant and having a conversation. If you are worried about the cost - you could pick a reasonably priced restaurant like pizza hut or olive garden - pizza hut should have decent prices since they don't serve alcohol there.

Most Helpful Guys

• In general, it's a lousy choice for an early date UNLESS you have known the person for a while and know them pretty well already. Otherwise, you need to choose an activity that allows for lots of conversation - because that is what early dates are for: interviewing each other.

• It is a good first date for those who feel uncomfortable with dating, who question whether they will run out of things to talk about, etc. You talk for a few minutes, then the movie starts and you are required to be silent for 1½-2 hours, then you can talk about the movie.

I would never choose a movie as a first date because I am confident of my ability to maintain a conversation.