Is chasing a guy a turn off?

I’ve been talking to a guy for a while, sometimes we end a conversation and don’t talk for days, due to him never messaging first. I feel like I’m being annoying by always reaching out when it seems he doesn’t want to. Even though we have talked about going on a date, etc. Should I just stop reaching out?

1443

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on the guy. More than three quarters of American men would appreciate being approached by women, according to some of the most in-depth surveys on the matter ever conducted. But that means over 20% aren't down. They want to adhere to traditional gender roles. I don't really see that as a bad thing, since it's not usually difficult to differentiate conservative values from progressive values within a conversation or two.
    Your intended may be shy, or lack confidence, or be very inexperienced, maybe some combination of these, or other possibilities. If you've already discussed going out, either he's waiting for you to make your move because you've obviously already set the board, or he isn't into you in that way and he only held up his end of that convo to be "nice".
    If I were you, I'd do two things. First, tell him in no uncertain terms how you feel and what you need from him before you further invest in him. Second, let him be. Give him some time to sort out his own thoughts and feelings, as well as reflect on the possibility of not having you around in his future. He may come around, he may not. Try not to take it personally if he doesn't. Lots of guys would LOVE an assertive girl.

• Ok for me I’m older so I think I yes you should. In my experience we as men aren’t as needy emotionally, there are some exceptions. So if this dude is toying w you, he k it’s he can do what he wants cause you’re always after him like a lost little puppy. Do you get what I mean? We both k ow that men play the field more than women, again some exceptions. If he’s truly interested then he will pursue you. That’s why women who are like you tend to get abused as far as a relationship cause you’ll let him do whatever, he cheats, I’m sorry I won’t ever do it again. Ok we’re back together, happens again. I hope this makes sense, some people may not like it but that’s what I think I. Im sure if you discontinue always messaging him he will probably message you to ask why. But then it could backfire, meaning he moves on. It’s a risk you take.

Most Helpful Girls

• This happened to me too with a guy. I decided to just stop messaging for a few days and he said “I miss you” I read that when you keep making the first text you take away the guys job? And that he has no reason to text you because you’re the one making the first move? Anyway I suggest to distant yourself a little to make him take control x

• People on here may tell you it's not wrong to chase a guy , but the truth is yes it's a turn off.
    Its because men like to be the assertive ones and go after the female they like , and they aren't used to women showing interest. Truth is , if you chase a woman he will run away and then if you stop he will come rolling back wondering why you stopped and if he likes you he may even chase you himself. That's just how things work.