How do you "reconnect" when your lover is constantly on the go?

my boyfriend has a WEIRD schedule. he also goes home once a month. it would be cool, and I'd even join him, but his parents are racists (they hate the idea of white girls for their son) so he hasn't told them about me. i think he should take vacations with guy friends and see his folks... my issue is, i feel so seperated when he is gone. there is "distance". how do i over come this when he returns? it almost feels like i have to start dating him all over again! should i mention this to him? should i pretend it does not exist?

711

Most Helpful Guys

• Well first you should talk to him about it the fact that he hasn't told his family about you showed he is trying to hide you or doesn't take it seriously and furthermore if you feel like you are having to start over every time he does come home then the communication is a big problem even when he is gone it should feel like you are there when you talk

• last time we talked he said that he knew he had to tell them, but asked if i could allow him to do this on his time. his family may disown him over me, so its understandably not a simple conversation. i dont want to be the reason they break it off with him, but i think breaking up with them before any reaction is premature

• If your rejected from his family because of your color do you really want to be any part of that?

• i dont know. i have put thought into this and its very complex. my family likes him very much and invites him around often.

• um no. plenty of westernized people from this cukture are fully accepted and intermarry. its not like that

• Good Luck God bless

Most Helpful Girl

• Well to start off your not in a relationship your merely a women he goes home to and lay up with when he’s not gone. Reading his automatically makes me think your a side chick especially since he hasn’t told your family. If he really deeply loves you no matter the circumstance he would have told his family about u regardless of the things they’ll say. My friend (Hispanic) is dating an African American guy and her parents despises this to the core and now she’s pregnant. She told her parents despite them already disowning her etc because her boyfriend is not like them. Her mom is a lawyer and dad is engineer. Love should not be hidden. I would talk to him about introducing u to his family or at least telling them and if he refuses that means his love for u isn’t as strong as u think because Romeo and Juliet did anything to be together out of “love” so if he can’t to me he doesn’t love u as much as u think. I would prepare ur self mentally and emotionally

• I ment especially he hasn’t told his family

• i dont think so. all the people we work with, even his boss, know I'm his hirlfriend. he goes on vacation with my daughter and i and has pushed to get to know her. he tells me he wants a serious relationship. we are even goong on vacation with his friends. its just his folks. in their culture my being white is very bad amongst the majority.

• Well if he’s doing all those then that’s different. Hopefully he gets the courage to speak to them about you