Boyfriend and I got in a fight. What should I do?

We got in a fight day before yesterday because I was supposed to pick him up at work. He texted me he was out so I drove to pick him up just like I do every day. But when I get there he's gone. He apparently got a ride home with some girl at his work. It pissed me off mostly because he told me to come get him and he got a ride instead and didn't even tell me. Then he got mad at me because i was upset with him and we got into a wicked fight. So yeah. It's stupid but whatever. He went to work the next day. Texted me he was sorry and everything. But when he came home later he was really snippy and we hardly talked at all. It's been 2 days now and we haven't spoke (we live together btw) what should I do? Like how should I approach this?

517

Most Helpful Guys

• There is something else happening that you have not discussed. When the anger comes out "sideways" like this, it is almost always a sign of an unresolved underlying issue. Is it possible that he has developed feelings for someone else, wants to break up, but feels guilty about doing so?

• You had a right to be mad with him for not telling you that he got a different ride home. Getting a ride home with a female coworker instead of you is already a concern, but then to get defensive because you were upset that he didn't notify you of the change in plans raises even more red flags.

But, I also don't think you are quite telling the whole story. If while you were mad, you accused him of having nefarious intentions with that female coworker then it makes sense for him to get defensive. You basically just said that you don't trust him which could have hurt him a lot, especially if those kind of thoughts had never crossed his mind.

It honestly sounds like you guys have a communication problem in your relationship. He failed to notify you of the change of plans and you failed to maintain a calm demeanor when you tried to tell him how that made you feel. Then you two when for 2 whole days without talking to each other, making the communication problem worse.

If you want to resolve this then you two need to work on your communication skills. Be open with each other, communicate often and in a calm, respectful tone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am on your side what was he thinking. its rude and he should be the one to come to you and apologize. also who is this girl at his work? maybe when he saw her he forget that you were gonna get him. am i too paranoiac I don't know.

• Its irritating that he got a ride with some girl but I was honestly more upset he just forgot to mention it to me. Like if I had done that he would have been super pissed. And what's more is I was ON TIME picking him up. He didn't even have to wait for me

• then tell him how you feel and if he does not care next time he can walk

• Haha i guess that's what I'll have to do