Would you ever consider dating an autistic woman?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Years ago, I would have said "No." but now I am a bit more open-minded and realize that an autistic woman may have traits that I am looking for in a woman that are much less likely in "normal" women.

So, I guess the answer to that question is this:

It would depend on two things :
    1. My position in life which affects my ability to withstand or recover from social drama that she may accidentally induce because of her social ignorance due to her autism.
    2. Where on the spectrum she is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like I wouldn't be able to provide what she'd need from a relationship tbh. Don't want people to suffer on my behalf.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• yes i would hope she wants sex also.. i can't stand no sex life... at that point now.. but masterbate 11 times a day

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not. I often run around flapping my arms too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would date a autistic woman i would highly respect her too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand it very well. What would I expect that might be different than a neurotypical?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, its not good but I dont consider it a game over

0|0
    0|0
  • Nahh. It feel wrong

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • So an autistic person with an IQ of 121 is being exploited by dating a neurotypical person?

• It seems you're trying to make me say what you to hear. And its kinda fucking annoying

You asked for my opinion i gave it.

• If we had chemistry then yeah sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a high functioning autistic myself. So yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, sure :))

0|0
    0|0
  • only if she can work it in bed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. In some jurisdictions I might be arrested.

0|0
    0|0
    • autistic people can give consent to sex provided that they have normal IQs, which a lot do. It is a social disability, not an intellectual one.

• @Tullia a fact lost on many lawmakers.

• Nope. I don't believe anyone has ever even been arrested for having sex with autistic adults with normal IQs. If so, a lot of people I know with autistic spouses would be in jail.

• no...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, for some reason autistic people piss me off the most

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes