Why do guys send mixed signals? Or maybe I’m overreacting?

Long story short, this guy who’s on my University’s intramural volleyball team with me, keeps giving me mixed signals. Half the time, I can’t tell if he’s being sarcastic or serious? Anyway, I stopped talking (and hanging around him) because whenever we’re in a group talking to people, he kind of stands in front of me and blocks me out. Anyway, I had trouble finding my class on campus, and he offered to walk around and help me find it. Here is the thing that confuses me, one day he’s nice to me, and the next he’s either treating me coldly or ignoring me. He’s 21

01

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it could be peer pressure and his buddy may of like called dibs so he tries to not give away that he likes you. that seems like what is going on