How do you feel about online dating?

How do you feel about on line dating?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's fun but I don't trust it much, just meeting with a stranger even if I've talked to them for a long time is scary. But if it's just online talking then it can be fun

0|0
    0|0
  • If you use them sensibly, you can meet some great guys amongst the players, and you can make new friends along the way too.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Eh. Lukewarm about it.

I tried online, but not for long (few months here and there). Didn't have much success with it. Very few women replied, and the ones that did weren't really interested, but they were a bit "passive aggressive" about it - like they'd get lazier about responding, or take weeks to write 2 sentences, and I'd get bored with the lack of questions and lack of conversation skills. I didn't even really go for a number because we'd never get past small talk.

I'm also leery about giving out too much private info online. I don't want them hooking up to my facebook and spamming me

I also don't like the idea of paying $60+ a month just to get shot down.

However, while I'm not HUGE on it, I'm not really meeting many single women in real life, and very few seem to be interested in conversation, so I'm considering going the "App route." A few women I know in real life have met their current boyfriends, so It might not be too bad. Just another avenue. Maybe try some free ones and see how it goes.

1|0
    0|0
    • "bored with the lack of questions and lack of conversation skills" sounds like all women on dating apps. Except for one particular girl who was kinky and forward as fuck. That was a steamy conversation. But when I talked about meeting she ghosted me. So yes.

• Waste of time and effort, possibly money as well if it requires a paid subscription. It really is a "your mileage may vary" and "hit or miss" kind of thing. No consistencies. You are free to use and try and experiment it and see how it turns out or works out for you though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I think it depends on the app. On Tinder I've found that most guys are players or/used to lying to get their way into your pants.
    For OKC, I have had some wonderful conversions with people and have befriended some people through the app. I am also dating a guy from it and I have never felt this happy with a man.
    But regardless of what app you use, it would be a good idea to take caution when sharing personal information and meeting with people.

0|0
    1|1
  • Eh, I don’t like it. I’ve heard that some people have found their true love on Tinder, but I don’t understand how. I’m happy for them, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never tried it. Tinder was the farthest I’ve gone in that direction 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate it, always getting matched with people who are like 4 hours away from me or more.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my case it has always been weirdos and players, so I stopped it long time ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • It hurts me that most only see you as a hump of meat and don’t care for your personality :-(

0|0
    0|0
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUST WORTHY THEY COULD BE KILLERS OR RAPESTS HELL TO THE NAH

0|0
    0|0
  • It's dangerous

1|0
    0|0
  • Completely disinterested

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't trust it

0|0
    0|0
  • Its dangerous and all of those catfishes. Nope not for me

2|0
    0|0
  • Thank goodness I don't need it. :)
    Among my friends who actually tried it, I've heard several say positive notes about ChristianMingle & FarmersOnly.

0|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 29

• There is a lot of hoohaa to it and commercial exploitation but once you get beyond that to contact genuine people you might like, it could work that said it is hard slog through the free or more economic apps/sites.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's funny one dating app I get views and that's it. On another I have 59 that like me and I had one that said we were a match. Which I'm talking to now. You have to watch the signs for the ones that are not right.

0|0
    0|0
  • It comes across as a bit dodgy. All the people on it are really just one guy, a travelling salesman called Malcolm.

Malcolm lives at home with his mother in Barrow in Furness, and he has no friends due to his lowly job. Malcolm doesn't have any dating preferences. He'll take whatever he can get.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've known some people who married people they met online. The failure rate of those seems no worse than people who met in RL, maybe even better.

That said, I have had no luck with it, some of which is my own fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like selling your self. Didn't like it and the competition are very high. You have higher chance of success if you just talk to a random girl IRL than using a dating app.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it and have no issues with it. I haven't gone on any dates from it though so can't say that much

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been a waste of time, false hopes, and depression for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its fine nowadays since so many people use their phones 24/7

1|0
    0|0
  • It is horrible. You are unable to act yourself and respond naturally

1|0
    0|0
  • Why is this under "sports"? Also I'm not a huge fan

0|0
    0|0
  • It's up to the person if they want to do online dating no one should stop anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • Donno because people in India are not genuine in online dating sites..

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my thing. I prefer meeting up in person and seeing if we have the chemistry that way

0|0
    0|0
  • That ain't it chief... it ain't tne move anymore 🤷🏽‍

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of fun. Even if you don't find anyone, you can still watch their photos.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's another way of meeting people you like

1|0
    0|0
  • Waste of time. I perfer meeting woman in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just can't trust anybody.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • not good

0|0
    0|0
  • Fake

0|0
    0|0
  • Its lottery if you find something real

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cool if you're looking

0|0
    0|0
  • Fake

0|0
    0|0
  • shallow people use online dating

0|0
    0|0
  • In a word... scams

0|0
    0|0
  • It never worked for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is like going clubbing, its mostly just really attractive men who find success there. Women on the other hand can use it to hookup with hot guys whenever they get horny.

0|0
    1|0

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes