My boyfriend of 3 weeks saw my cuts. What do I do?

So my boyfriend of three weeks saw my cuts from like 2 weeks ago and I dont know how to feel. I feel so ashamed because no one had any clue of how I felt. We've know each other for a year and a bit and this happening just messes everything up. He told me he'd always be there to talk to and not to do it anymore but I don't know what do to it's not just the feelings that come with it. Its addictive the feeling. I hadn't cut in a about a month I think and i just wanted to remember what it felt like. And if he ever sees this I'm so sorry.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd talk to him about how you've been feeling and explain why you didn't want to tell anyone. It sounds like he's pretty supportive, so he's probably concerned for you.

But also, if you have supportive parents are any adults in your life you can trust you she definitely talk to them too. It sounds like you're going through some stuff, and there's no reason to do it on your own.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to talk with your parents or another trusted adult. This is very dangerous activity and your need help to stop. Please seek help.

1|0
    0|0
    • I will and thank you🙂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Well he deserve to know the truth about the bad stuff that doing to yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well considering most girls cut at your age it's just normal

0|0
    1|0
    • How ignorant are you?

• @SarahsSummer I know most my friends at that age cut themselves because of body issues and depression. Its normal to see a girl at that age with cut marks. Am I saying that cutting is fine, no.

• Well instead of telling this young girl it’s normal, do you you think you could have offered any more productive advice?

• Tell him about it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You should seek treatment for this. Your school nurse or school psychologist are great people to turn to.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yah after today I'm definitely going to get help. Something about someone knowing changes things. by the way Thank you

• I imagine it does. There is real help for you. There are better outlets for what you are feeling.

Recommended myTakes