What to do when he doesn’t take the hint?

I’ve been seeing someone and “broke it off” with him about a month ago because he isn’t giving me what I want in a relationship. I fell in love with him, so it’s hard to say good bye. I’ve been keeping my options open because he is non-commital. I feel we have been on and off, but his definition of off is seeing other people. He hasn’t. I’ve gone on dates but nothing has transpired from them. He just has a lot of “baggage” he’s dealing with, and expects me to understand. I do, but tell him he can keep me in the loop instead of disappearing. I can’t handle when he goes without communicating for two weeks and then pops up when he feels like it. We started talking again and I fear nothing will change. I told him I have expectations of us moving forward. Don’t know if I want to risk it. I want to be with someone I see a future with and he sees a future with me.
Updates:
I thought I have been, lol. We have known each other for 2 years, so I think there’s comfort there. I just don’t consider it a relationship, but more like companionship.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Be more direct then. Hopefully he gets it then.

1|0
    0|0
    • I thought I have been, lol. We have known each other for 2 years, so I think there’s comfort there. I just don’t consider it a relationship, but more like companionship.

• Show All
    • Update: So, I asked him if he saw a future with me. He said yes. I asked him when he knew, and he gave me the moment. I know he doesn’t like me dating. Maybe this is more than what it is. Everyone has their story and it doesn’t have to be text book. He just has to prove it to me. Although I think I set my expectations too high for what he can give in his time.

• OK, well, main thing is that you're both comfortable. I hope it works out for you.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes