I think he likes me but his ex is my friend?

I think This guy whom I have a massive crush on likes me but his ex (on again off again) is my friend/classmate
I'm a newcomer and I liked him from the moment we talked (before I knew that he had a gf/before I was friends with his ex)
They broke up recently and he's been extra sweet
He'd sit near me or be near me (even if she's not with us) I am quite a shy person so I'm unheard most of the time but he hears me.. I don't know what to do
I know its bad to steal your friends boyfriend but I never meant to.. Whenever all of us are together I'd quietly leave the group to give them space + it kinda hurts seeing them together but he'd catch up with me these days and he's not saying anything about his friend who recently asked me out (which he used to try to make me agree to go out with his friend) I feel bad BT I can't do anything about it.. I'm falling so hard for him.. I know he might cheat on me or anything like that but right now idc about those
All I know is that I'm confused and i like him so much

11