If you're talking to a guy and you're about to be in a serious relationship, would it be okay for them to call another girl 'darling'?

So it's this guy's birthday and we've known each other for nearly 2 years and we want to make it official between us (serious relationship) very soon and I saw under his birthday post a girl I know that knows him commented 'happy birthday' and he replied saying 'thank you darling'. Now, I know we aren't actually in a relationship but we're basically heading to that stage so I don't know, is that a problem? Am I overreacting? I get told I can be dramatic/diva so I wanna make sure I'm not acting crazy lol

11