Is it weird if she's two years younger?

So I've recently met this girl and she is really my type and I'm pretty sure she likes me back just as much as I like her but I'm 15 ( 2003 ) and she's 13 ( 2005 ) and it feels like the people around me are gonna feel uncomfortable like my friends for example. If they know about it I think that they will kind of avoid me in school, maybe not my closest friends but the other ones. What do you think? Can I date someone not my age now or should I find someone my age?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A two year difference between a couple isn't much. BUT it has to do with the age. If he's 20 and she's 18 it's ok. As if she's 35 and he's 33. No problem if you ask me. But when you're that young it is a deal breaker. It's like if you were 12 and she was 10. Know what I mean? Going from 13 to 15 is a big deal. While being a teenager every year makes a difference.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's what I'm so unsure about because my friends are dating people the same age or someone with just one year difference and two years feels like a too big of a gap you know?

• Show All
    • You're welcome 😊

• @Aleera it's okay, it's something you get or you just don't it's just a way of thinking i have, my mentality consists of do or don't there's no inbetween.
      i generally don't take a lot of things seriously things that other people might say would be extremely serious i'd just ignore and move on.
      and as i've previously stated, i don't dictate my own self worth by the way people think of me, for short i live my own life and no one can change how i live it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say two year below is fine and two years above is fine for highschool students. That's what i think and yea sure some people may find it weird but they will get over it or probably do it themselves. And tbh i have actaully dated a 13 year old when i was 15 and i was not a very popular kid and got bullied a lot but not once did anyone bully me for going out with her and we lasted about 8 weeks and most people found out so that's a good sign if i get bullied and no one bullied me for it i think you will be fine.
    But it kinda all depends on the people your with maybe stright up ask them easy way to do it if they find it bad don't do it as simple as that.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm sorry to hear you got bullied, it must have been really horrible I guess you have a point so thanks!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• in the stage of your age people are more often infatuated. if you are having same feeling on both sides and you carry this after some years also then this will surely be love. and dont worry about loosing your friends your best ones will stay and let others go. and be clear in making decisions

0|1
    0|0
  • yes!!! u got to take age into percentages. if 5 years apart. and she is 15 thats a 33.33% of her life. the higher the % the weirder it is.

0|0
    1|1
  • No its not

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• you're from the EU where this is quite common so don't worry about, if they hold a grudge against it ignore it it's not their relationship.
    it's nothing to worry about + girls are mentally older than us so she's around your maturity anyway.

0|1
    0|0
    • Really? That makes me pretty calm now haha

• Show All
    • @Gopnik yeah of course! And thanks again!

• no problem, you're welcome.

• Dude, I'm gonna date an 18 year old girl when I turn 35... age is just a number when they're legal

0|1
    0|0
  • The girl I like is 11 years younger beat that lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It's only two years.

0|1
    1|0
  • It's normal as women mature quicker than men.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes