What does it mean if he says"baby I need more time, I just went out of a relationship of 5 years" ?

Hello, So i met this guy this summer, he's Saudian/Oman and he's 31. We really liked each other, at our first date he came with his brother. We had really great time, and said he want a relationship with me. We even kissed, and told me he will never break my heart or lie to me. When i returned to my city, he told me that he need more time, because he was with someone for 5 years. I dont understand why he started dating me and really seemed to appreciate me if he's not ready. What should i do know? i feel like i have been dumped

01