If you tell a guy you’re in love with him and he replies with “I love you” what does that mean?

This didn’t happen to me.
Ya know what? This was a serious question regarding my friend because they have been really confusing and he hasn’t always told her how he feels and he avoids all questions. If you’re going to be sarcastic. Don’t fucking answer 😂🤷‍♀️

118

Most Helpful Guys

• I would suppose if one has to ask this question than perhaps there are already preexisting doubts to begin with. I guess it means whatever you perceive it to mean, only the people in question can really answer this. Everyone has their own thought processes. An no one person is the same.

• A little backstory. They have been “seeing” each other for over a year. Never officially calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend. Everytime she brings it up about being boyfriend and girlfriend he avoids it. But he tells her that he loves her and occasionally calls her his girlfriend but other than that he avoids all conversations so that’s why I’m asking

• It kind of sounds like he doesn't know what he truly wants or maybe that he doesn't want to be weighed down in a relationship. Officially saying your boyfriend and girlfriend is basically saying your not single anymore. Most guys in my experience like to feel free but have the feelings of a relationship. Its hard to say what this case might be, but its obvious she wants more and for whatever reason he doesn't at least not right now.

In truth and I say this only to be completely forward here, he could also just be playing her. Keeping her going with him so he can get whatever he is getting out of it. But again I don't know them so I could never say for certain. My only advice would be that she through one mean or another get him to talk about it. Can't keep playing a cat and mouse game forever. Being forward has its consequences but at the very least she would know where she truly stands.

• Hmm...
    Not sure but I think...
    It means...
    He hates you.

• That must really suck for my friend

• Sarcasm is a beautiful thing.
      Not lost on most.
      Dude said "I love you".
      One would think this response would be exactly what this friend would be looking for.

• Ya never know 😂😂

Most Helpful Girl

• Has "I love you" become a secret code these days too. That seems pretty straight forward to me.