Why does my boyfriend get so insecure with me?

We have been dating for 6 months now. I like him so much. I show him a lot of affection, both with words and actions. But, I feel that maybe he thinks i am too good for him, or maybe out of his league,.. he often tells me how pretty and beautiful I am, and how I am so much better looking than him. He also tells me how much smarter, kinder, and about how im a much better person that him because I’m more considerate and aware of people. He also talks about, that because I’m still in college (he graduated and has a job), that I’m going to forget about him/maybe meet someone else. And today, he told me how he thought to himself “once she graduates, and gets a job, she’ll probably leave me”.

The thing is, I like him a lot. I see a long future with him. He makes me happy, and he treats me very well. I just get sad when he gets insecure with me. I am not sure why he does. I give him my attention, I’m so loving towards him and he is my best friend! I don’t know what to do :/

02