Why does my boyfriend get so insecure with me?

We have been dating for 6 months now. I like him so much. I show him a lot of affection, both with words and actions. But, I feel that maybe he thinks i am too good for him, or maybe out of his league,.. he often tells me how pretty and beautiful I am, and how I am so much better looking than him. He also tells me how much smarter, kinder, and about how im a much better person that him because I’m more considerate and aware of people. He also talks about, that because I’m still in college (he graduated and has a job), that I’m going to forget about him/maybe meet someone else. And today, he told me how he thought to himself “once she graduates, and gets a job, she’ll probably leave me”.

The thing is, I like him a lot. I see a long future with him. He makes me happy, and he treats me very well. I just get sad when he gets insecure with me. I am not sure why he does. I give him my attention, I’m so loving towards him and he is my best friend! I don’t know what to do :/

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• 6 months is nothing compare to 25 years old marriage...
    So stop giving urself fake dreams like you achieve something when it is just nothing

1|0
    0|0
    • I don’t get it.

• Show All
    • Uhhh

• Some answers are paths , instead of destination.
      And you only can find the journey.

• Obviously I dont know what is going through his mind, but I will try my best to answer accordingly. He is probably thinking what he is saying to be honest. He most likely thinks that you are "to good for him" . Just tell him how much you care about him, and reassure him that you will not leave him. Show him off in public and things like that to boost his confidence. I know that if a girl shows me off in public, it really boosts my confidence levels. If that does not work, just have a nice sit down conversation with him about the entire ordeal.

1|0
    0|0
    • I do try and show him off. I hold his hand in public, I kiss him on the cheek in public. I introduce him to all my friends. I post pictures with him, all those things! I spend a lot of my free time with him, I like him a lot. I get upset, because i feel he doesn’t trust my judgement, or my feelings for him :/

• If you would like, DM me and we can talk more about this. I think I know what the problem is

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes