How soon can you tell if there's a romantic connection or not on a first date?

I went on a first date not to long ago I could tell she was nervous but still liked me. I had fun but I don't feel like I really connected with her. I'm not sure if it may have just been the first her first date jitters or not. Im contemplating if I should give it another shot Try to get to know her better see if she opens up more or just move on. What would you do in this situation?How soon can you tell if there's a romantic connection or not on a first date?
  • Give it another shot
    Vote A
  • Leave it at that
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• May have been jitters. Did either of you text to say if you liked the date or not? If not it would seem like no one liked the date.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea I did when I got home and she said she wants to see me again followed by a kissy face lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people require more dates, some require less. It's the first date after all, so i feel like it would mostly be the jitters.

Ever since i got into a relationship, i think about her at least once everyday, talk to her over the internet, meet up and go somewhere etc. If some of these things happen in the near future, then there could possibly be a romantic connection

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I can tell before the date if there's a connection. If a guy asks me out and I say yes, it's because there's a connection. The dating is just for me to decided whether or not I can actually see myself wanting to be around you long term or if there's things about him I couldn't be okay with.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends from person to person, but I would give another shot at it. Normally when I know I like someone is when I get the butterfly in my stomach before I go meet them everytime, if twice in a row I am not feeling that, then I know I am not interested in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • There can only be attraction at first. Romantic feelings grow. You can have a good click though. You Just feel it

0|1
    0|0
  • You should give it another shot. The next date you'll determine whether or not she is the one for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Fcfghtrrfgg

0|0
    0|0
  • Give it a shot

0|0
    0|0
  • I doht go looking if it happens it happens

0|0
    0|0
    • And how many dates in has that usually happened?

• If u keep thinking this much trust me you will not have a date. too much too soon

What Guys Said 1

• It is not the same for everyone. I have a good instinct about people in general, not just when it comes to dates. I can know from the first date already if there is a connection. Same thing happened with my current girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes