What do you feel about Pick Up Artists?

I personally feel that they are bunch of assholes running like a mad dog after girls.

Even if they get laid by 200 girls, how will that help them in the future?

I have one girlfriend and I am happy with that... I don't eye on other women. I want to work harder to have a secured future for me and my girlfriend.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger I was terrible with women. I had zero confidence around them. I had a pretty bad childhood which fucked me up socially. I eventually google searched "how to get a girlfriend" and I discovered the PUA stuff. I'm glad that I did, without it I would never have improved my situation. There are many downsides to the whole thing though.

Firstly, a lot of the supposed "experts" are nothing but charlatans looking to scam gullible men into buying their bullshit products. Many guys who gravitate towards this are either very shy and socially awkward as I was, many are autistic, and some are just normal guys who for some reason have no idea how to get a girlfriend. These scam artists prey on those who don't know any better. These assholes are usually no better with women than the people they "teach". They often make fake videos with paid actors where they approach women and get their numbers, kisses or whatever. And guys pay them hundreds, sometimes thousands because they fall for it. They often teach very weird things that set guys back, turning them into complete weirdos. These guys were once considered to be the best, which I always found to be ridiculous, just look at the state of them:

www.pualingo.com/.../...s_style_pua_peacocking.jpg

Then there's also the obsession with chasing women and racking up notches. When I first got into it I was just looking for a girlfriend. But the only way to get good at it is to speak to a lot of women and attempt to seduce them - the only way to get good/confident at anything is to do it over and over again. So that's what I did after getting advice from guys who were actually good at this stuff, and eventually I'd been with quite a few women. That got boring for me and eventually I realised how pointless that was, so I stopped and decided I was gonna find a meaningful relationship which I did.

Many of the guys I learned from are now married, but I know of many others who still do it. They're in their 40s, and they're still chasing women constantly. I don't know how it doesn't get old for them, it seems almost like an addiction or as though they never grow up. They still act like teenagers. They can't snap out of that mindset of needing to chase women.

So I'm glad I found it and some of them do give helpful advice, but I also think that most guys who are into it have a lot of problems - that's why they go to it in the first place.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Some people aren't mentally ready to settle or keep a relationship, so they simply have sex. You don't have to like or agree with it. Long as it doesn't affect you just leave it be 🤦

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds good, then you are one out of hundreds of guys.
    I've never had a bad experience with a guy, although by the way I respond sometime it might sound that way. I have girlfriends that have, in fact my best girlfriend her and I grew up together, she is still going through a lot of changes due to her ex, I take it personal when someone I care for gets hurt.
    Let's be honest guys are after one thing especially in the beginning of a relationship, we need to be aware of how guys are and not fall for everything they say, at least until what they say and do run parallel.
    My feeling about pick up artists, their easy to spot and a waste of time.

0|1
    0|0
  • They are kinda pitiful. They miss out on some of the most incredible joys of life.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDy08-RphI8

Why are you being so judgemental? If you're confident in yourself and secure in your relationship, why are you bothered?

Pickup isn't just about running after girls, a lot of the guys who get into pickup lack social confidence and through pickup they challenge themselves, they step out of their comfort zone, they put themselves in situations where they get rejected and they go after what they want. I have a lot more respect for that than people who just sit and spread negative energy like you're doing right now.

I've work hard on my career during the day and every now and then I go out at night and do some pickup, I enjoy it, I enjoy meeting attractive women and having fun. It's as simple as that.

0|1
    0|0
    • I get your point.. maybe because I live in conservative country , we don't have hook up culture here.

More often I have NEVER seen any intelligent and conservative girl being picked up in videos.. they are always the drunk girls

• It depends on the environment. If it's at night at a bar or something, chances are most of the women will be half drunk. But there's day game where people approach on the street, you can think of it as the traditional guy talks to girl in the coffee shop scenario.

Pick up is simply putting yourself out there to meet women, what people choose to do after that is up to them. Some might just hook up, others might date and eventually get married to a girl they 'approached'.

• Agree. Manipulators are the scum of the earth. The are failed politicians or lawyers.

0|0
    0|0
  • idc, let them do what they want

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes