What do you feel about Pick Up Artists?

I personally feel that they are bunch of assholes running like a mad dog after girls.

Even if they get laid by 200 girls, how will that help them in the future?

I have one girlfriend and I am happy with that... I don't eye on other women. I want to work harder to have a secured future for me and my girlfriend.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger I was terrible with women. I had zero confidence around them. I had a pretty bad childhood which fucked me up socially. I eventually google searched "how to get a girlfriend" and I discovered the PUA stuff. I'm glad that I did, without it I would never have improved my situation. There are many downsides to the whole thing though.

Firstly, a lot of the supposed "experts" are nothing but charlatans looking to scam gullible men into buying their bullshit products. Many guys who gravitate towards this are either very shy and socially awkward as I was, many are autistic, and some are just normal guys who for some reason have no idea how to get a girlfriend. These scam artists prey on those who don't know any better. These assholes are usually no better with women than the people they "teach". They often make fake videos with paid actors where they approach women and get their numbers, kisses or whatever. And guys pay them hundreds, sometimes thousands because they fall for it. They often teach very weird things that set guys back, turning them into complete weirdos. These guys were once considered to be the best, which I always found to be ridiculous, just look at the state of them:

www.pualingo.com/.../...s_style_pua_peacocking.jpg

Then there's also the obsession with chasing women and racking up notches. When I first got into it I was just looking for a girlfriend. But the only way to get good at it is to speak to a lot of women and attempt to seduce them - the only way to get good/confident at anything is to do it over and over again. So that's what I did after getting advice from guys who were actually good at this stuff, and eventually I'd been with quite a few women. That got boring for me and eventually I realised how pointless that was, so I stopped and decided I was gonna find a meaningful relationship which I did.

Many of the guys I learned from are now married, but I know of many others who still do it. They're in their 40s, and they're still chasing women constantly. I don't know how it doesn't get old for them, it seems almost like an addiction or as though they never grow up. They still act like teenagers. They can't snap out of that mindset of needing to chase women.

So I'm glad I found it and some of them do give helpful advice, but I also think that most guys who are into it have a lot of problems - that's why they go to it in the first place.