Is interracial dating still an issue?

It's 2018. Why do people still have an issue with interracial dating?

213

Most Helpful Guys

• because some people just can't agree with mixing races, and some people are racist. it's mostly the older generations who are born before the 80's kids that usually has an issue with interracial dating. for kids born after the 80's, there's not many that will have an issue with interracial dating, but there are still some that will not agree to it. when i dated a haitian girl, she lives near a black dominated neighborhood but i was taking her home anyway. the closer we got to where she lives the more black people were around and they were saying shit about or to us directly. some black guys were like "oh why you with this Asian dude, sister? you should be with black men like us?" and sometimes we have these older black people from 40 to 70 years old just constantly staring at us like they're confused or shocked.

when i dated two white girl, it seems like it's mostly the white guys who are friends with her and a few of the older white people that doesn't like us being together. other white people in her family and female friends in general seems to be completely fine with it.

dating Asians in my own race and Asians outside of my race, there were no problems at all.

• Some people are not interested in interracial dating and they are told that they are racist because of their preference. As long as there is PC pressure to force people to do something they do not want to do, then there is an issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not mind at all and it's none of my business. I think people can choose whomever they want to date. I see lots of interracial couples all the time. Their mixed kids are beautiful.