Why is it that a lot of “hot girls” can’t spell properly or hold intelligent conversations?

Are girls who are hot but also smart actually that rare?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I would say "dumb" people in general are rare. By "dumb" I mean People who truly lack the capacity to absorb information and use that information.

Some people choose not to. Some people don't like using their brains. Some people are willfully ignorant of everything going on around them. But, mental retardation aside (and even in some of those cases), If you had the best teacher in the world teaching about a subject that person was interested in, it's hard for me to believe that person would truly just not learn and learn a significant amount. Even people who are actually mentally retarded (not a slur, I'm talking in the literal sense) can be gifted in other areas.

"Average" intelligence is hard to measure when all the different areas of intellectual ability are taken into account. The fact that IQ correlates w/ these intelligences does not prove it encompasses them. The environment that encourages activity in regions of the brain used for problem solving tasks (such as those on an IQ test) could also encourage other abilities. Many different intelligences still exist.

That's my rant on intelligence. To answer your question, I have never seen an interview with a model and thought to myself "Wow, that model is an idiot"

1|0
    0|0
    • *could still exist is what I meant to say. Not a foregone conclusion

• I just mean that a lot of the times (not always), most of these models and celebrities - and also normal people who are “hot” - will have very limited vocabulary, or even bad grammar. They will also say a lot of senseless things.. it’s just a common theme I’ve noticed, maybe its the circles I run in or the people I have come across..

• Most people across the genders in this day and age, are willfully (and woefully) happy to deliberately keep themselves thick through their own ignorance.

Most hot chicks might not be Einstein's in the making, but they're cunning and therefore "intelligent" enough to realise they can use their sexuality to (more often than not) seduce and manipulate beta male cucks to help push their lives in the direction/s they want...

The amount of times I've seen "happy couples" stood outside an estate agent looking at a property upgrade, then the woman begins to seduce her "man" into buying X property.

Equally average and even ugly, stupid women use manipulation techniques too...

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Well, I wouldn't classify myself as being hot, but I've been told I look cute. I guess someone else need to determine that for themselves. However, I am fully capable of holding an intelligent convo with someone. This hasn't been an issue for me, but the bigger issue is finding a person that can do the same for me. My friends in real life are more concerned with who will walk to the bathroom with them. Lmao. So far? I've met one guy on here that I've been talking to like every single day @furiousrat and we always have something to talk about. Our texts are huge ngl. I've also met tons of guys that dont say anything but "hi how are you" three billion times a day. One guy in particular that never talked about anyone else but the weather, his homework and his sports. Then when i got annoyed and started talking about myself, he said i was annoying and hated how much i wrote. Like wtf how do you have a convo without going pass 5 words per text? Having a convo is like badminton. You have to both put effort in to pass the birdie over the net. And if all you do is hit the birdie and catch it yourself without handing the birdie over, then you can play it by yourself. No one is gonna stand there and watch you serve to yourself. And I wouldn't say that all hot girls can't have intelligent convos because I know many pretty girls who can. But there are also lots of pretty girls that are out drinking and partying or doing drugs or whatever every weekend. And the type of attention they get from that doesn't require them to talk about anything "intelligent". So basically its like they have a ability to do it, but have never exercised that ability so it remains weak asf. Learning how to have a intelligent convo is a whole other animal. Essentially the opposite of random crap convos with no context or meaning. Not to say that random convos once in a while isn't fun though. Hopefully people will learn to listen to what people have to say, say what they mean and not make offensive jokes or use swears to make up for their lack of vocabulary and intellect, and actually have stories to tell to add to the conversation. Swearing and random jokes is totally fine but it should not be the basis of a good conversation. You should be genuinely interested in who you're talking to and what they have to say and what you have to tell them.

0|2
    0|0
    • And to answer the last question, its hard enough to find a person who you can have a intellectual convo with, let alone, now you expect them to be hot and attractive. But their rareness is what makes them more valuable and appreciated when you have a chance to come by a person like that :) hope this helps!

• Show All
    • @furiousrat I still need a piggy back ride... to the kitchen! I require the assistance of your beautiful gains my royal servant, and once I reach said kitchen, you shall be promoted as my knight!

• *Kneels down with back turned against you*
      Hop on Lady Sherry-Berry! I will take thee to thy kitchen!

And that is the end of the tale of Her Royal Highness and her actual slave. Thank you for sticking with us to the end of this story. Little did you know, that by reading this you have kissed my little ass and are now required by law to pay us or you will be charged with internet piracy.

• I actually noticed this too, though it only applies in about 50% of the cases & it actually applies to plenty of hot guys as well

1|2
    0|0
    • oh look another no soul ginger jealous of beautiful women, JEEZ

• Show All
    • No i am not but i don't believe in racism against anyone based on things that they can't choose

• That's ridiculous most people love ginger non ginger women say because of jealousy and men say it because they can't get one i mean if they were so unattractive why red hair dye is popular it don't make any sense

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• Well, some can, some can't.
    Did you know Charlize Theron is a card carrying member of Mensa, and has a genius IQ? It's true, AND she's pretty nice to look at. Anyway, I learned many years ago that some women still play dumb to impress boys. I was dumbfounded and terribly disappointed in both genders that day. It was a long time ago and I hope things have changed for the better, but I know we're not out of the woods yet. Still some guys who don't like the idea of a smart woman, or at least one that's smarter than them. And there are still some women who value a man's affection above intelligence and respect. And, yes, average and ugly folks have to work harder and study more than the beautiful people. Beautiful people have a level of societal protection built into their genes and our instincts from generations of evolutionary biology. So, they get to be as dumb as they want, with very little in the way of negative consequences.
    I don't think beauty and brains combinations are rare. I'm pretty sure Aisha Taylor has a master's degree. Anne Hathaway has at least a bachelor's, I think.
    Think of it this way, those dumb girls (and guys), their dumbosity is as closely related to their ambition as it is to their looks. They figured out that they don't hafta work as hard to get ahead, and they don't. Lots of beautiful people still go off to university, and get jobs in demanding fields. I'm surrounded by scientists and engineers every day at work, and many of them are above average in the looks department.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is subjective. And so is intelligence. I know plenty woman that I find attractive that can hold very meaningful conversations about politics and culture. But don't know anything in other fields such as biology or horticulture. I wouldn't consider it a rarity to find someone smart and attractive, since there are so many classifications of intellect and beauty out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always thought they acted like this on purpose? I know some of my good looking female friends do this

1|0
    0|0
    • I don’t know if it’s on purpose, I think that’s just how they are..

• Show All
    • That’s just sad. I don’t think men like it!!

• I mean they have good luck with men most are married so I don't know

• Partly due to. dumbing themselves down, because enough men are so intellectually insecure, they don't like women who are as smart if not smarter than them.

2|1
    0|0
  • From the eyes of a man... yes... women have a natural power over men, bat your lashes, soft touch, sweet voice, showing off your body, flirting... it turns men to jelly... why would most women with this ability bother doing anything when they can just have a man do it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Because DNA is a lottery that only very few people win on several aspects. We all have strengths and weaknesses.

2|2
    0|0
  • I feel this is a stereotype. I haven't noticed a discrepancy in the intelligence of pretty girls.

1|1
    1|0
    • You think that I’m dumb, so the stereotype is actually true ☺️
      Wait, no... I’m probably just an exception. Evolution wasn’t kind to me😂

• @Ellie-V
      "You think that I’m dumb, so the stereotype is actually true"
      1) I didn't know if you are pretty or not.
      2) Singular examples don't prove or disprove a trend.
      3) I called you dumb because I think you are dumb. More accurately, you are either dumb, or deeply confused.

"Evolution wasn’t kind to me"
      Evolution doesn't care about you or any singular being, it is a general pattern of the most adept person surviving. YOU can shape evolution yourself by doing your best to become successful.

• I’m already doing my best, and... I can definitely say I’ve achieved success ☺️
      But okay thank you 💕

• According to me
    Its just a normal combination called " beauty with brain " which is also considered a rare combination...
    And to your answer it's just a normal thing not Everytime it is possible... as we see

0|0
    0|0
    • And also not possible that all possess the all qualities at a same time 😃

• The value a hot girl adds to like is not rooted in intelligence. In fact a somewhat ditzy hot girl can be endearing or cute because of the lack of intelligence.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve known plenty of smart pretty girls. The issue is that many of these girls play dumb in order to be “cute”, and/or to prevent intimidating guys.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is a ridiculous generalisation, a lot of the hottest women I know are average or above intelligence

1|0
    0|0
  • some people just can't spell these days because they rely on "auto-correct" too much

0|0
    0|0
  • Well - we all need to specialize. So many things; so little time to spare... but ok. In Germany we say: ''Dumm fickt gut''

0|0
    0|0
  • See, I've never encountered this at all. The most beautiful women I know are also ridiculously intelligent.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think hot girls don't have to learn all those things. They will find a sogar daddy who pays for everything and that's all

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, they are, but dont blame them, many of them learn that for going with superficial and successful men, being intelligent is a handicap

0|0
    0|0
  • Spelling and having the ability to hold intelligent conversations isn't a credible way to measure someones intelligence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because what they have is all of for show (an excellent example would that readily comes to my mind is the Kardashians).

0|0
    0|0
  • why is that ugly girls are so jeaous of pretty girls , and why are ugly girls always the one complaining about anything

0|0
    0|0
  • They rely on beauty to get them through life. Not intelligence.

0|1
    0|0
  • "Hot girls" often rely on their looks rather than their wit.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hot, polite, AND smart is quite rare... usually you'll get 2 out of the 3. There is a very good reason why: hot girls don't need to know how to do things like converse with people. When a hot girl is in distress, she just flutters her eyes at the nearest person, and because she's hot: they'll help with her problem. It doesn't matter if the person passing by is male or female, and it doesn't matter if the hottie is a bitch; because people will flock to her, either way. She doesn't need to do well in school or get a degree worth a damn, because she can just marry a doctor or something and be set for life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is a stereotype. I could say the same thing about a lot of average girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz they are more concerned with looks and sex.

Any wisdom or intelligence turns them off

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the girl. There are girls that are hot and intelligent at the same time.

1|0
    0|0
  • You sound judgmental. A lot of ugly girls have the same faults lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all but def happens. Why? Because education wasn't a priority to them in school

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never seen any correlation between beauty and intelligence

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't need both to impress someone rich and never work in their life again lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what you consider good look and what you consider smart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• Not true, seen plenty of ugly girls who can't do that and pretty girls who are intelligent, that is a myth.
    Good looking people can often be intelligent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don’t need to. Men think more with their penises than they’re willing to admit.

0|0
    1|0
  • I’ve met a lot of smart beautiful girls in the U. S. (maybe my standard for female beauty is low...). In China, being beautiful isn’t going to get you pass elementary school... so many top universities there have individuals who are both beautiful and very intelligent.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a classmate who's very good at the subject- Physics and pretty. I don't like to rate people (and I'm pretty bad at it too) but she could be solid 7-8/10.

Tbh, for Physics that's rare.

There's a Bell curve for intelligence in my opinion. Few people are dumb as soup and few people are intelligent as Einstein.

Hence, hot girls "not being able to spell properly" seems bit far fetched.

Not being able to hold intelligent conversations- there may be grain of truth in it for a decent number of them. Because
    - They don't try. Their looks are making way for them. Like average or below average girls, they don't have to put an effort to hold attention by other means
    - They have different priorities than sounding smart/intellectual

Just because you won genetic lottery in one aspect doesn't mean that you will win it in other. How genes 'express' themselves is a very complicated subject and we haven't understood it fully.

Hence, we cannot by default make statements like "hot people are dumb"
    Or even "hot people are smarter by default because they have better genes". Yes, there has been study proving the later, but it also has been disputed.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's one of the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Stop pretending your life is an high school drama.

3|1
    0|1
    • Are you okay? Which part of this question reflected anything about my life? I asked a simple question, which I am allowed to. Kindly refrain from posting answers that are irrelevant and make no sense.

• The part in which you are telling something that is completely false, for example.

• I am not telling any one anything. As you can see, a lot of people have agreed with me so I am not wrong.

• I don’t think that is true. But we tend to say that. You know the saying « woman worse is woman worse ». We are too harsh on each other. And what is beautiful btw? Because if you are just thinking about the girls wearing lots of makeup and fake stuff is that beauty or is that just cheap attention?

0|0
    0|0
  • I assume with hot girls, you mean average girls who use products, make up, waist trainers, maybe surgery and stuff to appear more attractive? I've noticed those yes. They're usually shallow too.
    Girls who are attractive by nature have a higher estrogen level than the average. It's linked to a higher IQ and they're academically speaking successful.

0|0
    2|1
  • Weird question haha. My hottest friend is also the smartest friend. So I disagree. But maybe it’s more common where you’re from, maybe they’re shallow and think appearances is all that really matters thus doesn’t spend a lot of time learning things

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's just a stereotype, there are lots of pretty girls at my school who are all intelligent. Hot but dumb girls are just a small group of all women

0|0
    0|0
  • The ones you may refer are "dumb" because they choose to focus so much on appearance and invest zero in activities that would stimulate their brains. We are who we choose to be. It happens to so called intelligent people that, let's say, put effort into others thinking they are rich.

When you find a pretty intelligent girl, it means her life is balanced.

0|0
    0|0
  • Society purposely handicap them, I know a lot of unattractive idiots too but they are presented to with more opportunities as no one is intimidated by the thought of their independence and success.

0|0
    0|0
  • So does not mean a lot of intelligent girls are physically unattractive ?

1|0
    0|0
  • I've rarely seen dumb hot girls. Most of them have at least an average intellect, some of them are really smart

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not that they can't. They choose not to because they think it makes them look more attractive when talking to guys to act dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol. Stupid comes in all shapes, sizes and genders. No need to isolate “hot girls”

0|0
    0|0
  • Their brains boiled, their bodies are not the only part that’s hot lol

0|0
    0|0
  • no… Go to college and you’ll find a lot of girls like that 🤓🔥

0|0
    0|0
  • I can. *scratches head*

0|0
    0|0
  • why is this true?

0|0
    1|1
  • Intelligence and "hotness" is subjective.

0|0
    0|0
  • What lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a hot girl doesn't have to be intelligent to get far in life , her looks will take her places.
    Sad , but true.
    As for men , even if he is hot or handsome no one will respect him if he isn't smart , rich and successful. That's just how life works there is no changing that.
    However I know some 'hot' women who are talented and not very stupid maybe some are naive but some are genuinely intelligent. There are exceptions to the rule out there I guess.

0|0
    1|0
  • Lol I heard even bigger complain that many hot smart girls are only smart and not intelligent, so they can't solve problem if solution wasn't written in the book they've read 😅
    But usually hot girls are dump because :
    1) most of people loves them because they are hot
    2) they spend their time hang out with friends, doing make ups and shopping.
    I know it because my sister is beautiful since she is child and she thought she must do nothing because people already like her, but then come time to earn own money 😆 so she became smart and hot at the same time

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes