If a lot of younger guys have superficial preferences when dating within their age range, then why are they attracted to older women?

This is just pure curiosity so if you’re offended, don’t be. Please.
If it doesn’t apply to you then it’s obviously not about you.
And yes, I guess the same thing can be applied to young women as well, however this question is more directed to guys because I happen to see it more with dudes. It’s just my personal experience and observation.

It SEEMS like the when young males have superficial preferences, they are still attracted by older women.
But older women tend to have more blemishes due to age, like wrinkles, grey hairs, blotchy skin...
For people in general who are so stuck on looks at a younger age, why would they be attracted to older people who are basically far from their expectations?
If a lot of younger guys have superficial preferences when dating within their age range, then why are they attracted to older women?If a lot of younger guys have superficial preferences when dating within their age range, then why are they attracted to older women?

312

Most Helpful Guys

• Most of the time the older women I like do not have grey hair, noticably at least. They also rarely have that many wrinkles, but I don't mind that so much that cab happen when you've spent your life laughing which is the right way to live in my opinion. I enjoy clear skin but smoothness of the skin and is the most sensational part of the experience, I've got my own skin condition issues and I don't judge at all on the blemishes. That's just a fact of life, not necessarily ugly.

A lot of older women are just, they're wiser, more experienced with compassion, can talk about a diversity of subjects and understand a greater pool of references, etc. I don't understand why you would discount them all or treat them poorly just because they've lived a longer life.

Not like I don't like women my age either its just I'm more than open to older girls. Other generations may have their own unique aspects, ways, and attitudes to offer.

About the superficiality, I think young women are just as superficial as men are about a lot of our attributes. I don't necessarily think you're wrong to critique when men are because of that, but it is a two way street. Not everybody is superficial and not everybody is superficial on the same ways so I think it's not really that related. I mean, again I think sometimes people are flippant and superficial about how they callously reject older women offhand.

• Interesting question. My guess is it has to do with biology. Pure and simple. I saw an interview once of an anthropologist (an older woman) who lived and worked in African tribe. Contrary to western thought, she discovered she was hot stuff. She said it boils down to survival of offspring. An older woman has probably had children. So she has a lot of experience. Her offspring are more likely to survive. It's the same with older men. They have more experience and ate likely better providers. Plus, there's just something about an older woman throwing you down and having her way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because guys pretend to have preferences but if it has a vagina and spreads her legs she their type