Why do guys judge a girl by looks?

Me and a guy was dating for 3 years. When we first started communicating with one another it was nice and everything. Then during the course of us dating he was trying to change me, I mean he was telling me I need to gain weight and other stuff. I have always been petite, What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Dump him? Not all guys go by looks, if he wanted a bigger girl he should have dated a bigger girl, It actually sounds to me he wants you to look different so the guys who would normally find you attractive, won't chase after you anymore

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you and yes I did dump him after that. He wanted me to look the way he wanted to and look different. He was actually trying to do that though..

• Show All
    • It's no problem, I was reading your other questions and just want to add, people lie because it's easy, find the one who never lies, and you will find the man who takes the hardest road all for you. Good luck

• Thank you so much and hopefully I will find the man that will do that. Did you read the other one about peace?

• I don't think it's only guys who judge on the basis of looks. This habit is gender independent. Girls do that too.
    In your case, it seems like he just wants you to be a bit more attractive to him. I mean it maybe selfish on his part if it is too hard for you to pull it off. He wants to keep the attraction alive.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's true. Everyone has a preference about how they want someone to look to them or for them. Yes he wants to keep the attraction alive. It was selfish of him to try to do that and trying to change me.

Most Helpful Girl

• My thought of what to tell him wouldn't be very nice.
    Let's just say it's time to find a new boy Ms JP :)
    I think this one has seen his better days.
    Find a boy that will love you for who you are, not who he wants you to be.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you and your right. I need to get a new one..!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Sight is the main thing for guys. I have no idea why each sex tries to change their partner. Never Ever let a guy tell you to change how you present yourself.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you. I did he tried to change because he wanted me to look a different way and the way he wanted me to look.

• Show All
    • Thank you so much..

• Anytime Jazzie

• just as gals do with guys - a few millennia of selecting partners based upon reproductive health.
    mind you it's only the "bait." it's the rest of the catch that keeps them there.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's so true. He was trying to control me.

• I judge by what comes out of their mouths. Looks might be the initial attraction but that is where it ends.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's true and I do to. He was trying to control me and wanted me to look the way he wanted me to. He told I'm to skinny.

• you should move on and forget any jerk that tries to change how you look

regards.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. Your so right.!

• Maybe he thinks you're underweight, and he's concerned for your health?

0|0
    0|0
    • No he wasn't concerned about my health. He was trying to control me, want me look the way he wanted me look, and trying to belittle me.

• i dont judge by looks i go off the heart... guess some dont care about heart

0|0
    0|0
    • That's right. He didn't care about my heart nor emotions.

• Show All
    • Awe. It's OK to smile on the outside but ball on the inside.. Just do what makes you happy and do for you.

• Both men and women do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do girls judge guys by looks?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because they like what they like. I am not picky when it comes to guys.!

What Girls Said 3

• Why does anyone judge anyone by looks? Don't act innocent. You wouldn't date and fuck a 600 lb guy with 2 teeth and body odor.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am not acting innocent at all..! No I wouldn't but looks don't really matter to me. Its how the guy treats me.

• Show All
    • What if he smelled, he had a disfigured face, the nines. He was so ugly by traditional standards that you couldn't bear it.

I doubt you would.

Now, someone telling you to change yourself is one thing, that's fucked, but insisting you don't value looks? Anyone with self-worth does.

• If he had did smell bad and had a ugly or messed up nose. I would date him and I do value looks.

• Girls also judge guys by their looks. That being said, he shouldn’t be trying to change you all of the sudden, that’s a rude move on his end.

0|0
    0|0
    • True and that's what he did wrong.

• It's just human nature.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes