Why do guys judge a girl by looks?

Me and a guy was dating for 3 years. When we first started communicating with one another it was nice and everything. Then during the course of us dating he was trying to change me, I mean he was telling me I need to gain weight and other stuff. I have always been petite, What should I do?

410

Most Helpful Guys

• Dump him? Not all guys go by looks, if he wanted a bigger girl he should have dated a bigger girl, It actually sounds to me he wants you to look different so the guys who would normally find you attractive, won't chase after you anymore

• Thank you and yes I did dump him after that. He wanted me to look the way he wanted to and look different. He was actually trying to do that though..

• It's no problem, I was reading your other questions and just want to add, people lie because it's easy, find the one who never lies, and you will find the man who takes the hardest road all for you. Good luck

• Thank you so much and hopefully I will find the man that will do that. Did you read the other one about peace?

• I don't think it's only guys who judge on the basis of looks. This habit is gender independent. Girls do that too.
    In your case, it seems like he just wants you to be a bit more attractive to him. I mean it maybe selfish on his part if it is too hard for you to pull it off. He wants to keep the attraction alive.

• That's true. Everyone has a preference about how they want someone to look to them or for them. Yes he wants to keep the attraction alive. It was selfish of him to try to do that and trying to change me.

Most Helpful Girl

• My thought of what to tell him wouldn't be very nice.
    Let's just say it's time to find a new boy Ms JP :)
    I think this one has seen his better days.
    Find a boy that will love you for who you are, not who he wants you to be.

• Thank you and your right. I need to get a new one..!