Why are dads so controlling about their daughters' dating?

I just want 1 normal date before I'm 50 without my father trying to supervise everything.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because they are men and know what other men think in general. It makes them vary and protective.

You will have your normal date before you're 50. Many of them too.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your dad loves you and wants to protect you, that is all!
    You are so lucky really to have a dad that cares about you so much.
    Yes I know he is smothering you right now and it will stop one day and you may be a little sad when it does.
    Realize that he is the one that would not give a second thought to dying for you to protect you if the need every arrived.
    Be sure that is the exact kind of boy that you will want for your children if/when you decide to have them.
    He is most concerned for your safety and well being, like maybe he doesn't want you getting pregnant either right now.
    Just let him know that you will not get pregnant and that you will make sure that you are only going to places where you, and he, will know that you will be safe.
    Than give him a big hug and kiss and thank him for being such a wonderful daddy to you!

0|0
    0|0
    • But I want to let her go and experience life, no irony

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Their simply worried cause they were that age once and they remember what was going through there heads when they were dating which happened to be lots of smut and they don't want their little princess being taken advantage of

0|0
    0|0
  • He is just trying to protect. He probably wasn't a saint when he was the age those boys are. He knows they aren't always what you think you are. He just wants whats best for you. If it goes to far just talk to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will always be daddy's little girl and be under his protection. It is just how dad's are. They want the best for their little girl and love you deeply.
    You are lucky to have such a father.

0|0
    0|0
  • bcs fathers are extremely overprotective of their little princesses

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we were once young boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Man knows thoughts of a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Instinct

0|0
    0|0
  • Hello

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• You are still very young 16 years old. I know you are mad because your dad is controlling. But remember he is just trying to protect you. He wants nothing but the best for you. You are still his baby and maybe when you turn 20 years old he would trust you more and would leave you go out with a nice guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if you go out with a guy and get pregnant? Stuff like that. Parents need to protect you

• My parents were pretty lenient with my lifestyle and I got pregnant at 17. He's just looking out for you. At least he's not one of those redneck dads sitting on the porch with a shotgun, scaring away anyone that looks in your general direction.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fathers are this way because, they have experienced the nature of men first hand.
    They know exactly where boys intentions are, especially teenage boys. As overwhelming as it may be to you, you must realize he just wants to make sure you don’t end up screwed over. With that said, you’re 16.
    You will have plenty of time to date before you are 50. Why’s it such a big deal now?

0|0
    0|0
  • He just wants u to be safe. Maybe u guys should hang out at ur house and everything before you and the guy go out somewhere alone and the dad will probably be calmer...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes