Why are dads so controlling about their daughters' dating?

I just want 1 normal date before I'm 50 without my father trying to supervise everything.

59

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because they are men and know what other men think in general. It makes them vary and protective.

You will have your normal date before you're 50. Many of them too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your dad loves you and wants to protect you, that is all!
    You are so lucky really to have a dad that cares about you so much.
    Yes I know he is smothering you right now and it will stop one day and you may be a little sad when it does.
    Realize that he is the one that would not give a second thought to dying for you to protect you if the need every arrived.
    Be sure that is the exact kind of boy that you will want for your children if/when you decide to have them.
    He is most concerned for your safety and well being, like maybe he doesn't want you getting pregnant either right now.
    Just let him know that you will not get pregnant and that you will make sure that you are only going to places where you, and he, will know that you will be safe.
    Than give him a big hug and kiss and thank him for being such a wonderful daddy to you!

• But I want to let her go and experience life, no irony